Do you know the reason why acne develops on our forehead?
Well, we have tiny pores called glands just below the surface of our forehead skin. And When these openings get blocked due to excess dirt, oil, or dead skin cells, it results in acne on our forehead!
Worry no more; you will always have this ultimate guide ready for your rescue from now on.
We have tried to highlight the reasons for your forehead acne and tips to eliminate it. And also, some natural remedies to prevent your forehead from developing it.
It’s time to make you go through all of them!
5 Causes of Forehead Acne and their Antidotes
Certain factors make our face prone to acne, apart from clogged pores. They include-
Check for dandruff in your hair if you have a dry scalp. If yes, this may be the reason for the acne on your forehead.
There are chances that the dandruff is falling on your forehead and causing many small pimples over there.
Antidote– Don’t leave your scalp dry for a prolonged time. Try oiling your hair twice or thrice a month!
But be careful! Don’t put excess oil in your hair. It may give rise to another cause of acne, listed below!
2. Excess oil on your scalp:
Those with an oily scalp or who put extra oil on the scalp may suffer from ridiculous acne. An increased amount of oil in your head results in the blockage of forehead skin pores, causing acne.
Antidote- Consult a specialist doctor who would recommend a hair oil suitable for your scalp!
3. Unwashed face or hair:
Going hours without cleaning your face give rise to sweat that drys out and makes your face dirty.
At the same time, going weeks without washing your hair leads to an excessive deposit of oil on your scalp.
These two can be major reasons for acne, as people tend to ignore such things.
Antidote- Adopt a habit of cleansing your face frequently after hours; only water will work too.
Also, don’t go without washing your hair with shampoo for more than a week!
4. Low-quality cosmetics:
Applying wrong or low-standard makeup products on your face increases the chances of allergies and acne!
Antidote– refrain from using products that irritate your skin. Try to opt for those without alcohol that doesn’t block your pores!
You might be popping or squeezing the pimple unknowingly. Hence, the dirt from popped pimples can spread and cause more acne around that area.
Antidote- Refrain from touching your face often; germs or bacteria from your fingers might go into your pores!
A stepwise homemade remedy guide-
Try this natural remedy twice for 3 to 4 days.
Ingredients needed: aloe vera piece, half lime slice, one tablespoon of bee honey, turmeric powder, and a bowl.
- First, wash the aloe vera piece with water and cut off the sharp edges.
- Now, cut the piece and carefully take out the gel from inside the aloe vera piece in a bowl with the help of a spoon. Do not take the outer green part of the aloe leaf along!
- Then squeeze the lime slice into the bowl and stir it well. Lime contains citric acid that keeps our face clean and helps fight acne!
- Next, add honey to the mixture of aloe vera gel and lime juice. Stir it well. Honey is a skin-friendly product and helps in eliminating bacteria from your face!
- After mixing all the ingredients well, add a pinch of turmeric powder to the bowl and mix it well.
- Now, clean your face properly to remove the dirt cells from your skin and apply the mixture to your forehead. Don’t rub the mixture against your face or forehead. Apply it gently!
- Repeat the steps in the morning and evening for four days straight.
Some acne prevention tips
Let’s now have a look at some dos and don’ts that you must adopt.
- Use sunscreen before stepping out
- Stay hydrated
- Include stress-reducing activities in your routine
- Use moisturizer
- Improve diet or eating habits
- Follow a skincare routine
- Avoid wearing tight caps
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure
- Avoid over scrubbing the face
- Avoid tying your hair tightly
- Avoid excessive oily food
1. What do pimples on the forehead signify?
Pimples are generally caused due to hormonal changes. They can also be the result of a poor skincare routine.
2. Does toothpaste remove pimples?
No. Toothpaste can dry out your skin and gradually turn your skin black.
You May Also Like To Read:
Best Face Pack For Glowing Skin in India
Best Moisturizing Face Cream for Acne-Prone Skin in India
Best Salicylic Acid Serum in India
In the end, pimples are annoying. But giving proper care to the skin can help you get rid of the acne.
You can get to remove and prevent your skin from acne once the cause is known to you. Thus, whichever plan you opt for demands consistency and patience from your side. Cheers to healthy skin!
Do let us know in the comments how we have assisted you in knowing how to remove forehead acne. Share with your friends and family as sharing is caring!