You must be aware that whey protein is very beneficial and, at the same time, pretty popular among fitness enthusiasts and athletes. However, it could be a matter of concern how whey protein is consumed, especially if you have newly switched to it.
Whey protein might not taste very good, but you must not be disappointed. There are many ways in which whey protein can be consumed, and depending on your taste, you can manage to make it delicious.
We got a few recipe ideas for you in which whey protein can be had. Let’s look at them.
Whey Protein Recipes:
There are many ways in which you can have your whey protein. There is no need for your taste buds to compromise when there are so many yummy and easy recipes you could try. Here are a few ideas for you.
Carrot whey protein rolls.
Do you like carrots? If yes, we have good news for you. You can take your whey protein along with carrots, making it tastier and healthier. That’s right! Carrot whey protein rolls are what we are talking about!
The ingredients you will need are raisins, dates, carrots, whey protein powder, dates, instant oats, water.
Start by blending the raisins in a mixer. Now, add the other ingredients to the mixer as well, and blend until you get a smooth consistency. After that, make the paste into small bite-sized rolls and let them sit in the freezer for nearly an hour. Tadaaa! Your highly nutritious whey protein carrot balls are ready to be enjoyed.
Tip: You can use some honey for the icing. Honey is also healthy for you.
Whey with strawberry and oatmeal.
Who doesn’t like the sweet flavour of strawberries! Strawberries can undoubtedly make everything taste better while also being healthy.
You can add your best whey protein powder to your oatmeal. Further, add sliced strawberries to your bowl of oatmeal to drastically improve the flavour. Enjoy your bowl of goodness!
Making Coconut whey protein balls
Coconuts are good for health, right? Right. Don’t you think adding whey protein to coconuts would be a great idea? This is what the recipe is about!
To make coconut whey protein balls, you will need Prunes, half a banana, whey protein powder of your favourite flavour, 3 scoops of rolled oats, desiccated coconut.
- Start by mashing the banana and mixing it with the prunes. Microwave the mix for about 2 minutes and then mash again.
- Now, add the protein powder and oats to the mixture and stir properly. Make sure the consistency is not too thick. You may add a little water to fix that.
- Make small balls out of the paste. Now, cover the rolls with finely chopped coconut, and devour!
Tip: Store your coconut rolls in an air-tight jar.
Having your raw whey protein with a milkshake
A whey protein milkshake can be a great idea. It is easy to make and convenient. You have the liberty to choose from your favourite fruit and make a yummy milkshake out of it.
Add whey powder to it, and your super healthy drink is ready!
Whey protein pancakes.
If the other recipes have failed to interest you, this one definitely should do the work! I mean, pancakes are yummy! Adding whey protein to your pancakes can be a great idea, and you can eat them for breakfast.
Here’s what all you will require: half a scoop of raw whey protein powder, ¼ cup of raw oats, ¼ cup cottage cheese, and a half cup of egg whites.
- Blend all these ingredients together, and once you achieve a thick consistency, pour the mixture into a pan.
- When you notice the batter turning brown, flip it for the other side to get ready. For frosting, you may use natural honey to ensure the health factor of your pancake is not compromised.
- If you want, you may garnish using the dry fruits of your choice.
Whey protein with your coffee.
Another cool way of having whey protein is by adding a scoop of it to your coffee. If you are among those people who love coffee, the idea would sound very appealing to you. Just blend the whey protein in your coffee, and you are good to go!
You can add whey to your soups.
As unusual as it may sound, you can give whey protein soup a shot. It will make for a healthy diet. Adding 2-3 scoops of whey protein powder to your bowl of stew or soup will add to its nutrition content. Make sure to blend the powder properly into your soup before having it.
Packed with the goodness of whey protein, these chocolate cookies are surely going to be loved by you.
The ingredients that you will need: 45g Oats, a few almonds, whey protein powder, 3 Tbsp. Cashew Butte, 3 Tbsp. Cacao Powder, Dark/Raw Chocolate, 1.5 Tbsp. Coconut Oil, Almond Milk
- Blend the protein powder, oats, cashew butter, cacao and coconut oil together in a food processor till you are left with a fine blend.
- Add a little bit of almond milk to it for a sticky effect and repeat the process of blending.
- Add chopped almonds and chocolate to the mixture and mould it into the shape of cookies.
- Now bake the cookies in an oven. Please wait for the cookies to cool down before enjoying them.
- You can also make your own frosting for the cookies. You will need some cashew butter, honey, cocoa powder, a dash of almond milk. Blend them all together to get a thin frosting. Enjoy your yummy and healthy cookies with delicious frosting!
Cheesecakes are scrumptious, and we will teach you how to make them high in protein using whey protein powder.
For the base of your cheesecake, you will require 3 plain crispbreads 1 tbsp. peanut butter, 2 tsp. milk, 1 tbsp. Greek yoghurt.
For the filling, you will need 1 packet of gelatine dissolved in 30ml milk, 250g quark, 2 egg whites, 2 tbsp. Greek yoghurt, 2 scoops of Whey protein, 10 drops vanilla essence.
- Crush your crispbreads in a bowl very finely, and then add a scoop of whey powder to it. Next, add peanut butter to the mix and blend it properly.
- Now add some milk and 1 tbsp. Greek yoghurt to the paste and stir it well. Your base mix is ready to be emptied into a dish.
- Now, mix whey protein, quark, and Greek yoghurt in a bowl.
- Pour the gelatine into a saucepan and add milk to it. Add a little bit of boiling water too, and heat the mix while stirring it. It should take less than a minute for the gelatine to dissolve into the milk.
- Now, mix this liquid into the filling mixture.
- Take another bowl and whisk an egg white properly. Now pour it into the filling mixture, too.
- It’s time to pour your filling onto the base that you prepared earlier. Once done, refrigerate for one hour. Enjoy the protein cheesecake!
Q. When is the best time to take raw whey protein?
It would be nice to schedule your whey protein intake throughout the day. If you are into working out, consuming your whey protein post-workout would be great since protein promotes muscle rebuilding.
Also Read: When Is The Best Time To Take Whey Protein
Q. What are the health benefits of whey protein?
You would be surprised to know how many healthy properties whey protein carries. It is good for the heart, helps you with muscle building, and is also anti-inflammatory. Studies have also shown that whey protein may help with diabetes and improve bone and tooth health. However, you must be careful about the quantity you are consuming and always check for allergies.
You May Also Like to Read:
Well, you must be surprised to come across so many different ways in which whey protein can be had. We are really hoping you can find some recipes that suit your taste.
Meanwhile, we would love to hear from you in the comments below if you have any fantastic whey protein recipes to share with the world.