The world is rapidly growing, and people’s mental health is rapidly derailing! In times like these, Psychiatrists become essential.
Mental health is no joke. It severely affects how we live. Thus, the best care for poor mental health is essential and can only be taken by the best psychiatrists in Thrissur .
Are you searching for the best Psychiatrists in Thrissur ? If yes, this article is for you. In this article, we will learn how to find and recognize the best Psychiatrists. Nonetheless, we will understand their roles and what we can expect when visiting them.
List of the Best Psychiatrists in Thrissur 2023
- Dr. P K Sukumaran (Psychiatrist) (Thrissur)
- Dr. K K Praveen (Psychiatrist) (Thrissur)
- Dr. Vasudevan Vaidikan Thaikkattu Namboodiri (Psychiatrist) (Thrissur)
- Dr. Anisha Nakulan (Psychiatrist) (Thrissur)
- Dr. Manu N A (Psychiatrist) (Thrissur)
- Dr. Vipin George (Psychiatrist) (Thrissur)
Dr. P K Sukumaran, MBBS, DPM – Psychiatry
Address: Prasanthi Clinic, Sankarayya Rd, near Canara Bank ATM, West Fort, Sreenagar Colony, Thrissur, Kerala 680004
Timing: Mon-Sat (09:00 AM – 11:30 AM)
(02:00 PM – 05:30 PM)
Work Experience: 50 Years+ of experience
Dr. K K Praveen, MBBS, MD – Psychiatry
Address: Doctors clinic, Out Post, Kanjani road, Kanjany Road, Ayyanthole, Thrissur, Kerala 680003
Timing: Mon-Sat (10:30 AM – 06:00 PM)
Work Experience: 30 Years+ of experience
Dr. Vasudevan Vaidikan Thaikkattu Namboodiri, MBBS, MD – Psychiatry
Address: InMind hospital, Old Minalur Rd, Kuranchery, Athani, Minalur, Kerala 680581
Timing: Mon Fri (10:00 AM – 01:00 PM)
Sat (10:00 AM – 01:00 PM)
Work Experience: 22 Years+ of experience
Dr. Anisha Nakulan, MBBS, MD – Psychiatry, DNB – Psychiatry
Address: Amala Institute of Medical Sciences Thrissur, SH69, Amalanagar, Thrissur, Kerala 680555
Timing: Mon-Tue, Thu, Sat 09:00 AM – 03:00 PM
Work Experience: 10 Years+ of experience
Dr. Manu N A, MD – Psychiatry
Address: Dr Manu N A, Durga Clinic Opposite West Fort Hitech Hospital, Punkunnam, Thrissur, Kerala 680002
Timing: Mon-Wed (07:00 PM – 09:00 PM)
Sun (09:00 AM – 12:30 PM)
Work Experience: 9 Years+ of experience
Dr. Vipin George, MBBS, DNB
Address: Dr.Vipin George, P.o.palissery, Palakkal Near St.Mathews church Thrissur irinjakkuda, road, Thrissur, Kerala 680027
Timing: Mon-Sat (09:00 AM – 06:30 PM)
Work Experience: 10 Years+ of experience
How to Find the Best Psychiatrist near you?
Are you on the search to find the best Psychiatrists in Thrissur ? Well, here is your solution!
- Online Surfing
You can search for the best Psychiatrists in Thrissur using Google or Practo.com. Online surfing gives you access to patient feedback, thus helping you choose the best psychiatrist. Nonetheless, Practo.com also provides information about the consultation fees and enables you to book appointments too.
- Doctor Referrals
Primary Health Care Doctors are generally associated with the best Psychiatrists in the town. Nonetheless, as they are in constant touch with patients and doctors, they have networks with the best and most recommended Psychiatrists. Hence, you can always ask your family physician or primary health care doctor for the best Psychiatrists.
- Friends or Relatives
If your friends or relatives have been to a psychiatrist, you can ask for their recommendations.
You can choose to find your Psychiatrist by any of these methods! We assure you that you will surely get in touch with the best psychiatrist.
What are the qualifications of a Psychiatrist?
While the number of Psychiatrists is increasing day by day, their qualifications are proof of their credibility.
The qualifications of a Psychiatrist include:
- An MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) degree
- An MD (Doctor of Medicine) in Psychological Medicine or Psychiatry
Or, DPM (Diploma in Psychiatric Medicine) in Psychiatry
- DNB (Diploma of National Board) in Psychiatry
These qualifications make a doctor eligible to work as a Psychiatrist in Thrissur .
What is the role of the Psychiatrist?
Psychiatrists are the caretakers of your mental health. The role of a Psychiatrist is to recognize and diagnose a mental health condition.
Once the first step of diagnosis is completed, the psychiatrist’s role is to prepare a treatment plan, including medications and psychotherapy.
A Psychiatrist should also support the patient at all times and assure him of improved life quality.
When Should You See a Psychiatrist?
Problems in living your life normally or constant emotional disturbances are the general conditions that necessitate visiting a Psychiatrist.
If you are experiencing any of these conditions, visit a Psychiatrist:
- Constant mood fluctuations or irregular mood swings
- Loss of energy and loss of interest in doing things you once loved
- Constant feelings of sadness or happiness
- Extreme excitability or restlessness
- Learning difficulties or memory problems
- A problem in managing emotions
- Severe anxiety
- Anxiety or panic attacks
- Loss of sexual drive
- Insomnia or extreme sleepiness
- Complete loss of appetite or extreme consumption of food
- Suicidal thoughts or self-harm
- Pessimistic thinking
- Difficult to cope with stress
- Unpredictable and extreme outbursts
- Addiction to drugs or other substances
Besides these conditions, if anything is pulling you away from leading a good and happy life, visit a Psychiatrist!
What does a Psychiatrist do on your first visit?
The first visit to a psychiatrist may be daunting and anxiety-inducing. However, do not worry. If you prepare for your first visit, you will excel in it.
On the first visit to a psychiatrist, ensure that you are comfortable. You should always be honest and understand that the Psychiatrist won’t judge you.
The Psychiatrist would start by asking a few questions about your well-being and how you have been holding up. The Psychiatrist will try to make you talk as much as he can. He will keep asking questions that will lead him closer to a diagnosis.
The best Psychiatrists in Thrissur may not label you with a mental health condition during the first visit. Instead, he would plan follow-up sessions for you and, if necessary, order a few tests.
During the first visit, the Psychiatrist will also ensure complete confidentiality of the talk between you and him. When necessary, he will try to support you and encourage you to speak about all the difficult things.
It may be frightening to visit a Psychiatrist at first, but it is essential for your mental health. With time, you will get comfortable, and with the Psychiatrist, start working on yourself.
What questions will a Psychiatrist ask?
A Psychiatrist will ask as many questions as possible to better understand your condition and problem. With the help of the answers you provide, the Psychiatrist will order a few tests, diagnose your condition, and develop a complete treatment plan for you.
A few examples of the questions that a Psychiatrist will ask are,
- How are you feeling?
- What problems have you been facing?
- Since how long have these problems been arising?
- Are you finding any ways to deal with these problems?
- Do you have any other medical conditions?
- Do you take any medications?
- Are you consuming any kind of psychiatric medications or recreational drugs?
- Have you ever been to a psychiatrist before? How did they help you with the condition?
- Does anyone in your family face a similar issue?
- Does anyone in your family have a psychiatric condition?
- How is your relationship with your family members, friends, and relatives?
- Have you shared your problems with anyone?
- Have you experienced anything in the past that shook you completely?
- How was your childhood?
- Are you having suicidal thoughts, or have you been involved in self-harm?
The Psychiatrists may ask even more questions and establish a diagnosis.
What kind of tests does a Psychiatrist do?
A Psychiatrist usually performs different kinds of tests to understand your behavior patterns and diagnose a mental health condition accordingly.
The tests that a Psychiatrist usually does or orders are as follows:
- Laboratory tests include blood tests, urine tests, and thyroid function tests.
- Neurological Imaging tests such as CT Scan, PET Scan, or MRI
- Psychophysiological assessments such as Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Physical examination of the body
A Psychiatrist may also perform specific assessments to understand your psychological behavior and derive a diagnosis.
You must take utmost care of your mental health. Thus, you should only entrust your mental health needs to the best psychiatrist.
Online surfing, doctor referrals, or suggestions from family and friends will help you find the best psychiatrists in Thrissur . Nonetheless, check his qualifications to verify his credibility. On your visit to the psychiatrist, be honest and open up as much as possible.
Drop-in a comment below and tell us if you were able to find the best psychiatrists?