Hair care routines are essential to keep our hair in the best shape. However, shampoos are not the only or last step of a hair care routine. What you do after shampooing also plays a role in maintaining the health of your hair. Do you want to build the next steps after shampoo in your hair care routine? If yes, we got you.
In this article, we will be learning all the things we can apply to our hair after shampoo, starting with the most known one, hair serum.
3 Things You Should Do After Shampooing
1. Apply a Hair Serum
Hair serums are one of the trendiest and most beneficial things to apply to hair after shampoo. Hair serums form a coat on hair. They soften the hair and reduce frizz while adding shine and luster to the hair.
Hair serums protect the hair from all kinds of damage, including chemical processes (coloring or straightening), environmental damage (sun exposure), heat damage (blow dryers and heat styling tools), and mechanical stress (repeated hairstyling). Here are a few tips on using hair serum to ensure that you receive the best!
Tips for Using Hair Serum:
- Hair serum should be applied on fresh, washed, and damp hair only to yield maximum benefits.
- Hair serum should be warmed between palms for at least 5 seconds before directly applying to the hair.
- You can use a wide-tooth comb to distribute the serum on your hair evenly.
- People with thin or oily hair should use a serum of lighter formula. People with dry hair should use a hair serum composed of a heavier formula.
- Apply the hair serum on the ends of your hair to the mid-length. Do not apply it on roots, as it may make your hair look greasy.
You can use a serum on oily hair. Your hair needs hydration, and hair serum ensures that your scalp gets adequate hydration. Nonetheless, if you are used to hair oiling regularly, you can apply hair serum first and then add oil to your hair.
2. Apply a leave-in Conditioner.
Leave-in conditioners are popularly known as no-rinse conditioners, as you do not need to wash off these conditioners. Nonetheless, they are also known as leave-on conditioners. Leave-on conditioners work best for dry and frizzy hair. Hence, if you have dry, frizzy, or damaged hair, leave-in conditioners are for you! Nonetheless, You can apply leave-in conditioners on any hair type. These conditioners provide the hair with hydration and moisture. They also detangle the hair strands, making it easier to style your hair. Leave-on conditioners may also add shine to your hair. Here are a few tips that you can incorporate to use a leave-in conditioner to the beat of its benefits!
Tips for Using a Leave-in Conditioner:
- Apply leave-in conditioners on wholly dried hair.
- Leave-in conditioners can replace your regular conditioners. However, you can apply both the conditioner to your hair simultaneously.
- A wide-tooth comb can help you distribute leave-in conditioner evenly on your hair.
No. You should only use leave-in conditioners once or twice a week. Using a leave-in conditioner every day could result in product buildup, oily scalp, and hair loss.
3. Apply Hair Mask
Hair masks are a popular choice to boost the nutrition and hydration of the scalp. Moreover, hair masks are famous as deep conditioners that provide health and strength to the hair. They reduce frizz and decrease hair breakage and damage.
Nonetheless, your hair becomes soft and shines throughout. Some of the most famous ingredients for making a hair mask include aloe vera, olive oil, coconut oil, honey, avocado oil, eggs, and bananas. Using these ingredients, you can make a hair mask at your home!
Tips for using a hair mask:
- Before applying a hair mask, cover your shoulder with a used cloth or towel.
- Apply the hair mask using your fingers.
- If you have dry hair, start applying the hair mask from the roots upto your hair ends and return to the roots.
- If you have oily hair, apply the hair mask first at the mid-shaft and then towards the ends.
- Using a wide-tooth comb will ensure that the hair mask is evenly spread.
- Hair masks should be left on the hair for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse the hair mask with cold or lukewarm water only.
Author’s tip: You should never shampoo again after using a hair mask. Using a shampoo helps open up the hair cuticles, enabling the scalp to obtain more benefits from the hair mask.
You May Also Like to Read:
Which shampoo is best for hair organic?
Hair shampoos have never been enough to keep our hair shiny, strong, and thick. You need to build steps in your hair care routine to build your hair health and strength. A hair serum, leave-in conditioner, and hair mask are perfect for applying to your hair after shampoo. You can apply them one after the other, starting with a hair mask, a leave-in conditioner, and a serum at last.
Drop in a comment below and tell us what is your favorite thing to apply on hair after shampoo?