Psychologists help treat the psychology or behavior that has been affecting your life. You can trust your mental health only with the best psychologist.
With the increasing number of quacks, searching for the best psychologist in Chennai is difficult. Do you want to avoid falling prey to such quacks? If yes, you are at the right place.
In this article, we will learn how you can find the best psychologists in Chennai near you. Nonetheless, we will also learn how you can ascertain that your psychologist is the best one and what you can expect in your consulting session with a psychologist.
List of the Psychologist in Chennai 2022
- Dr. P T Sunderam (Psychologist) (Chennai)
- Dr. Hema Karthik (Psychologist) (Chennai)
- Dr. Getsy Solomon (Psychologist) (Chennai)
- Dr. Keerthi Pai (Psychologist) (Chennai)
- Dr. Jaysree Diwakar Raj (Psychologist) (Chennai)
- Ms. Aarthi Radhika Inuganti (Psychologist) (Chennai)
- Dr. Rashi Ahuja (Psychologist) (Chennai)
- Ms. Shreshtha Dutta (Psychologist) (Chennai)
- Dr. Latha Janaki (Psychologist) (Chennai)
- Dr. Parimal Pandit (Psychologist) (Chennai)
Dr. P T Sunderam, Masters in Psychology, BSc – Psychology, MS – Counselling and Psychotherapy
Address: Mind Restore Psychological Counselling Centre, 3, Matha Koil St, Block 9, Vivekananda Nagar, Thoraipakkam, Tamil Nadu 600097
Timing: MON-THU, SAT-SUN ( 10:00 AM – 05:00 PM, 05:15 PM – 08:00 PM )
Work Experience: 24 Years+ of experience
Dr. Hema Karthik, PhD – Psychology, MA – Psychology
Address: Nirnay Consulting Services, AE-25, NEW# 11, First Floor, 2nd Street, 10th Main Road, Shanthi Colony, Annanagar, opposite SMF Main Hospital, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600040
Timing: MON-SUN ( 12:00 PM – 09:00 PM )
Work Experience: 19 Years+ of experience
Dr. Getsy Solomon, PhD – Psychology, MSc – Counselling Psychology, M.Phil – Psychology
Address: Jedidiah Counselling, Plot no. 9, Jedidiah Cottage, Brindavan Garden, Vasantham Nagar, Avadi, Tamil Nadu 600071
Timing: MON-SUN ( 03:00 PM – 06:00 PM )
Work Experience: 16 Years+ of experience
Dr. Keerthi Pai, M Phil. PhD,
Address: Apollo Hospital Chennai, 21 Greams Lane, Off, Greams Rd, Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600006
Timing: MON- SAT ( 11:00 AM-02:00 PM )
Work Experience: 18 Years+ of experience
Dr. Jaysree Diwakar Raj, Ph.D (Psychology)
Address: Fortis Malar Hospital, No. 52, 1st Main Rd, Gandhi Nagar, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600020
Timing: WED, FRI ( 10:00 AM – 02:00 PM )
Work Experience: 5 Years+ of experience
Ms. Aarthi Radhika Inuganti, M.S (Development Psychology
Address: Apollo Children’s Hospital, No. 15, Shafee Mohammed Rd, Thousand Lights West, Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600006
Timing: MON- SAT ( 11:00 AM-12:00 PM )
Work Experience: 25 Years+ of experience
Dr. Rashi Ahuja, BA – Psychology, Diploma – Clinical Hypnotherapy, MSc – Psychological
Address: Happitude Studio, A 59, 1st Floor, New Friends Colony, New Delhi, Delhi 110025
Timing: MON-SUN ( 09:00 AM – 07:00 PM )
Work Experience: 8 Years+ of experience
Ms. Shreshtha Dutta, M.Phil – Clinical Psychology
Address: SOHAM Neurodevelopment Centre, 85-13, 4th Cross, Christ School Road, Bhavani Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560029
Timing: SAT ( 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM )
Work Experience: 7 Years+ of experience
Dr. Latha Janaki, PhD – Psychology, M.Phil – Psychology, MS – Psychology
Address: JAYS, Station, MRTS, H1, Velachery – Tambaram Main Rd, Subramaniam Colony, Near, Velachery, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600042
Timing: MON-SAT ( 11:00 AM – 02:00 PM, 03:00 PM – 06:00 PM ) SUN ( 03:00 PM – 06:00 PM )
Work Experience: 33 Years+ of experience
Dr. Parimal Pandit, MA – Clinic Psychology
Address: Tharu Clinic, 3rd Seaward Rd, Thiruvalluvar Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600041
Contact: +91-44-6555 6415, +91-9500116099
Timing: MON, FRI ( 11:00 AM – 04:00 PM ) SAT ( 04:00 PM – 07:00 PM )
Work Experience: 27 Years+ of experience
Address: V-Excel Educational Trust, 10/23, Thiruvengadam St, Perumal Koil Thottam, Ramakrishna Nagar, Raja Annamalai Puram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600028
Timing: TUE, THU ( 02:30 PM – 04:30 PM )
Work Experience: 27 Years+ of experience
Find More Psychologist:
Find Other Doctors in Chennai:
How to Find the Best Psychologist near you?
Finding the best psychologists in Chennai near you may seem difficult right now, but honestly, it is easy!
If you are an expert in online search, here are a few searches that you can do:
- Google Search: Search for the keywords ‘best psychologist near me.’ Google will provide a list of psychologists, ratings and reviews, timings, and contact info.
- Practo.com: Practo.com will help you find the best psychologists anywhere! With Practo.com, you can schedule a video consult with the psychologist. Nonetheless, Practo.com provides information such as consultation fees and patient feedback. You can even book an appointment directly through the website.
If not online, you can visit your primary health care doctor. Primary health care doctors have contact with the best psychologists and can guide you correctly.
What are the qualifications of a Psychologist?
Psychological health is an important aspect that significantly affects how we live. Hence, finding qualified and trained psychologists becomes essential.
Here are the qualifications that a Psychologist in Chennai will hold:
- A BA (Bachelor of Arts) in Psychology or BSc. (Bachelor of Science) in Psychology or Education or Social Work
- MA (Master of Arts) or MSc. (Master of Science) in Psychology or Social Work or Counseling
- Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) or M.Phil (Master of Philosophy) in Psychology or Psy.D (Doctor of Psychology)
Always check that your psychologist is well qualified and has received enough training to ensure the best care for you.
What is the role of the Psychologist?
Psychologists take care of the mental health of people. They help people understand their emotions and behavior patterns while consulting and guiding them to improve their quality of life.
Thus, a psychologist first analyzes the patient’s behavior and mindset. After a proper assessment, he crafts psychological treatments and rehabilitation programs for the patient. Combining all of these improves the patient’s mental health and life.
When Should You See a Psychologist?
Psychologists help improve behavioral patterns, mental health, and your life! Hence, any issue with these three indicates seeing a psychologist.
If you are facing any of the conditions mentioned below, we suggest you visit the best psychologists in Chennai ASAP!
- You have been under constant stress and are finding it hard to cope.
- You have been shocked by losing a loved one and cannot process it.
- You have been finding it hard just to live your day.
- You do not have enough energy to get up from the bed and complete your routine for many days.
- Getting sleep is becoming difficult, or you have been sleeping all day.
- You are unable to fight your negative thoughts.
- You do not find joy in things you once loved doing.
- Loss of interest in things.
- Fear of meeting new people or avoiding talking to anyone.
- You are constantly sad, angry, irritated, or confused.
- Nothing seems to make you happy or satisfied.
- You have been practicing self-harm.
- You are facing troubles and issues in your relationships.
- You are experiencing extreme anxiety.
- You are unable to give up on unhealthy habits or drinking.
- You are experiencing unexplained phobias and nightmares.
There may be more conditions that would have been disturbing your behavior, your mental health, and your life. In all these cases, visit a psychologist and start to live again!
What does a Psychologist do on your first visit?
Be ready to open up if it is your first time visiting a psychologist. Opening up in the best way possible will help your psychologist treat you!
During your first visit, the best psychologists in Chennai will try to understand what problems you have been facing. He won’t label you with any mental disease on the first visit.
The psychologist will assure you about the confidentiality of the sessions. The psychologist will understand if you find it challenging to open up about it in the first session. He won’t push you. If you feel uncomfortable, you can ask your psychologist to stop.
If necessary, the psychologist will plan a follow-up for you after the first visit. He will share with you his plan for your follow-ups.
A psychologist will also try to understand what your life has been until now. He will try to understand if you have had any traumatic experiences in the past.
What questions will a Psychologist ask?
Psychologists assess and analyze your behavior patterns and mental health. A psychologist will always ask open-ended questions that will make you talk more and more about yourself.
The questions that your psychologist will ask you include,
- Why have you come here today?
- What problems have you been facing?
- How long has it been since you have been feeling this way?
- Are there any specific triggers that give rise to these issues?
- What is your biggest challenge right now?
- How have you been dealing with these issues until now?
- What seems like an escape to you in this chaos?
- Have you talked to anyone about these issues?
- How do you generally feel nowadays?
- How was your childhood?
- How is your relationship with your family members and your friends?
- According to you, what has caused this behavior in you?
With questions like these and many more, the psychologist will try to understand your condition better. He will draft the best psychological treatment to improve your quality of life!
What kind of tests does a Psychologist do?
A psychologist will perform various kinds of tests to understand you better. These tests are entirely harmless, and you need not worry at all!
Here are a few tests that a psychologist usually performs:
- Personality Tests
- Achievement Tests
- Attitude Tests
- Aptitude Tests
- Emotional Intelligence Tests
- Intelligence Tests
- Neuropsychological Tests
- Projective Tests
- Observation Tests
- Cognitive Tests
- Forensic Psychological Tests
The psychologist may perform specific tests as a part of the abovementioned tests.
Life can get pretty hard, and it is not always easy to deal with alone. If life is hitting you hard and affecting your behavior and life, a psychologist will help you get through.
However, ensuring that you have the best psychologist for you is essential. Hence, always check for his qualifications and get reviews about him. If it’s your first time with a psychologist, remember to open up without fear and answer all the questions honestly.
Drop in a comment below and tell us your first experience with the best psychologists in Chennai .