Do you remember grandma’s favorite home remedy for perfect skin? Dhai and besan (gram flour) is something everyone’s grandmother insisted on applying to the face. Many ingredients can be paired with curd and have incredible results.
Tag along till the end of this article as I will be telling you about a bunch of ingredients that you can pair with curd to make a magical blend that cures facial problems like acne, pigmentation, dry and rough skin, suntan, etc.
Why Use Curd on Your Face?
Our face is exposed to harmful environments, bacteria, and toxins daily. Besides that, many factors like hormones contribute to the production of excessive sebum, which is the leading cause of acne.
A study conducted in 2015 recorded in the Journal of alternative and complementary medicine Proves that the application of fermented dairy products has significant benefits for the skin.
Curd as a Scrub
1. Oats + Curd
Using oats along with curd exfoliates the skin, and it helps in removing pimples and blackheads, which give you a bright and clear face. Oats are an excellent ingredient for sensitive skin as they are filled with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Take one tablespoon of unflavored oats and add 2 tablespoons of curd to it.
- mix it well and apply on your face and neck scrubbing in a circular motion
- keep for 10 to 15 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
2. Coffee + Curd
Coffee is the ultimate ingredient in preventing dark circles, inflammation, and acne. It also brightens the skin and lessens the cellulite appearance on your face.
- Take a mixing bowl and add one spoonful of coffee and two spoonfuls of curd.
- Mix the ingredients and apply them to your face and neck using your fingers in a circular motion.
- Leave the scrub for 10 to 15 minutes, followed by rinsing off with cold water.
Curd Face Masks
1. Curd + Gram Flour + Turmeric
While gram flour acts as a magnet to extract excess oil and sebum from the skin preventing acne, gram flour is alkaline and highly effective in maintaining the skin’s pH level. Turmeric has healing properties which help in treating psoriasis and reducing acne scars. And curd contains lactic acid, which has AHA (alpha-hydroxy acids).
- In a mixing bowl, add two tbsp gram flour, one tbsp curd, and a pinch of turmeric. Mix the ingredients, forming a paste, apply the paste to your face and neck
- Wash it off with cold water after the face pack has completely dried.
- Turmeric available in the market these days contains a lot of impurities. It is necessary to use pure or wild turmeric.
2. Curd + Orange Peel
Orange is rich in vitamin C and contains antioxidant properties. When combined with curd, it helps unclog pores, prolongs aging, and moisturizes the skin. When eating an orange, make sure you do not throw away the orange peel; instead, dry it in the sun and make a powder to apply on your skin along with curd.
- Take curd twice the amount of orange peel powder. Mix the curd and orange peel powder until it forms a good consistency; add water if needed.
- Applied this mixture to your face and neck using a brush
- leave the mask on for 15 to 20 minutes, followed by rinsing off with cold water.
3. Curd + Cucumber
Besides reducing early morning puffiness and swelling, cucumber also provides hydration and prevents premature aging and acne.
- Peel off the skin of one cucumber and cut it into small pieces, followed by blending it.
- Add two spoonfuls of the cucumber mixture and one spoonful of curd to a mixing bowl. You can also add Vitamin E Oil to this blend.
- Apply this mixture on your face thoroughly using a brush.
- Keep on for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
- You can also leave two slices of cucumber on your eyes as they are beneficial for the reduction of dark circles.
4. Curd + Multani Mitti
Multani mitti has been used for ages to get rid of sun tanning, skin rashes, and infection. It has a cooling effect that combats sun damage and dark circles. The combination of Multani mitti and yogurt is popularly used in tightening the skin.
- Add two tablespoons of Multani mitti in one tablespoon of curd.
- Mix it thoroughly and apply it to your face and neck.
- Wash your face clean with cold water after it dries off.
1. Does using curd on the face every day have any side effects?
Curd is endowed with good bacteria and nourishes it from the within, making it glow. It also prevents wrinkles tightens the skin. The more curd you apply to your face, the better it gets. There are no side effects in using curd.
You May Also Like To Read:
Besides being healthy, curd has a wide range of benefits when applied to the skin. As curd is natural and organic, you don’t have to worry about putting chemicals on your face.
Curd is a gold mine when it comes to providing moisture fighting acne and diminishing Sun damage. Include curd in your daily skincare routine or as a scrub, cleanser, and face mask. In the comments section below, let us know which ingredient combined with curd improved your skin.