All parts of the palm tree are beneficial in some way or another. And the most essential is the seed of palm tree—coconut. The coconut produces the coconut oil that gets used for cooking, hair, and skin.
You may be surprised but don’t be! According to Ayurveda, coconut oil provides many benefits for the face. Moreover, it is the perfect head-to-toe treatment.
Coconut oil has extraordinary healing and medicinal properties. It also contains Vitamin F that helps retain skin moisture and Lauric acid that has antibacterial properties. But how to use it for the face?
You can use it as a moisturizer, scrubs, makeup remover, and cleansers. Go on and read the full article to know how to use coconut oil on your face.
6 Ways to use Coconut oil for face
Coconut oil for the face is available in three types—unrefined, virgin, and extra virgin. The unrefined coconut oil doesn’t contain added chemicals which makes it best for the skin. However, you can use any of the three which suits you!
Whichever coconut oil you choose, before applying it on the face, do a patch test on the wrist. If you notice no side effects, then you can use it on your face in the following ways:
1. Coconut Oil as Face Cleanser
Coconut oil is helpful in removing dirt and impurities from the skin. However, it will be only valuable for dry skin types. With other skin types, you must use a mild face cleanser.
How to Use Coconut Oil as Face Cleanser?
- Pour ¼ tbsp of coconut oil on your hands, and then rub them well.
- Apply the oil all over your face entirely and massage it for some time so that it gets deeply penetrated.
- Grab cotton and wipe off the excess oil. Then rinse your face with normal water.
Tip: Apply coconut oil as a cleanser as the first step in your skincare routine.
2. Coconut Oil as Moisturizer
Moisturizers are an essential part of skincare to nourish and hydrate face skin internally. Coconut oil as a moisturizer can help you get smooth and moisturized skin. It penetrates skin deeply and nourishes the skin pores completely. Also, it is light and does not leave any residue.
How to Use Coconut Oil as Moisturizer?
- Clean your face and wipe with a dry, clean, and soft towel.
- Take ¼ tbsp of coconut oil into your hands. (If it is solid form, then heat it lightly)
- Rub your palms and then gently apply the oil on your face and massage it for a while.
- Leave the oil for 7-10 minutes so that it gets absorbed into the skin
- Wipe your face with a clean towel to get rid of excess oil.
Tip: Apply coconut oil as the last step in your skincare routine, such as in the case of moisturizers.
3. Coconut Oil as Makeup Removal
Some people take makeup removal as a joke, but bro, it’s not a joke anymore! It is essential to remove makeup before sleeping. However, most people think of it as just a waste of money.
No worries! You can use your coconut oil as makeup removal. It is an excellent grease cutter, and in many makeup removal products, you can find coconut oil as an essential ingredient.
How to Use Coconut Oil as Makeup Removal?
- Take ½ tbsp of coconut oil in a bowl.
- Dip many cotton balls into the oil and start removing eyeliner, Kajol, and mascara. Then take another cotton ball and remove lipstick. (This way, you can remove all makeup, and it also t helps to prevent rubbing and skin pulling while removing makeup)
- Then apply oil all over your face and neck and let it on your face for 5 minutes.
- Rinse your face with warm water and your regular face wash or soap.
Tip: Most of your makeup will get removed the first time, but we suggest you apply the oil a second time in the same manner and wash it to clean properly.
4. Coconut Oil as Highlighter
What an oil as a highlighter? Is this true? Indeed, it is! You can use coconut oil as a highlighter after applying makeup. Not only it reflects light, but it also reduces the pigmentation on your cheeks. Isn’t it better than your commercial highlighter?
How to Use Coconut Oil as Highlighter?
- Take ¼ tbsp of coconut oil in a bowl.
- After doing makeup, to highlight the cheek: Tap your fingertip in oil and apply the oil on your cheekbones.
- To reduce pigmentation: Dip a cotton ball in the oil and apply it to your cheeks. Let it there for 5 minutes, and then use cotton to remove the excess oil.
Tip: Don’t apply too much oil if you have done makeup.
5. Coconut Oil as Face Scrub
Nowadays, the scrub has become common in daily skincare routine also. If you do your facial at home, then coconut oil can do the job of face scrub very well. It can remove many impurities from the face and makes the skin smoother, less porous, and clean.
How to Use Coconut Oil as Face Scrub?
- Take a bowl and add 2 tbsp of coconut oil and ½ tbsp of brown sugar.
- Mix both the ingredients well.
- Apply the mixture to your face and massage it in a circular motion gently.
- Rub it on your face for at least 2-3 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and dry it using a clean and soft towel.
Tip: Apply it twice a week to get overall good facial skin health.
6. Coconut Oil as Face Mask
If you love DIY and make face masks at home with natural ingredients, then coconut oil is for you! Coconut oil is an essential ingredient in many types of face masks.
How to Use Coconut Oil as Face Mask?
Here are two of the most effective face masks for most of your skin issues.
- Mix coconut oil and honey (rich in antioxidants and boost collagen production). Apply the mixture on your face and wash it in regular water after 10-20 minutes.
- Mix coconut oil and lemon (include anti-inflammation properties and Vitamin C). Apply the face mask on your face and wash it off with lukewarm water after 10 minutes.
Tip: Take the timing seriously; so, wash the face mask on time to avoid any side effects such as reddening, swelling, or itchiness.
The Bottom Line
Coconut oil can help you with many skins, hair, and body problems. Using coconut oil on the face as a moisturizer, face scrub, face mask, and many more is highly beneficial for people with dry or flaky skin.
However, it can clog pores that is why it is best to wash the oil after completion of recommended timing. On a positive note, it is inexpensive and easy to use.
Here we end our article. Did you like it? Please tell us in the comments section.