Do you know a plant that enhances Hair, skin, and health all at once? Or Something that can work wonderfully overnight to reduce the inflammation of acne? No, well this magical plant is Aloe vera. It is one such plant that removes acne scars and gives you naturally radiant skin.
In Hindi, it is known as “Dhratkumari” or “Gwar Phata”.
Do you know Aloe vera has 250 species out of which only 4 species are used?
Yes! It is suitable for the skin and drinks for health. You get a great amount of aloe vera gel in bottles and jars now. Extremely beneficial plant aloe vera’s gel is used extensively in skincare and general health care.
Which Aloe vera to plant at home?
Out of 250, only 4 species are best for application on skin and consumption. The best species of aloe vera is Barbadensis-miller easily planted at home and can be used raw directly on the skin.
How does it look like and which part of it is used?
Aloe vera looks like this:
- Thick green leaves
- Leaves grow in a circle
- New leaves for the new circle
- Spread outside
- Edges of leaf contain sharp, short thorns
- It looks like cactus, but leaves are long and pointy
Advantages of Aloe vera
- Aloe vera gel has powerful antioxidants agents like Vitamin A, C, and E. These fight free radicals which damage skin to age earlier
- The Aloin compound in Aloe vera is a de-pigmenting agent which reduces the dark patches and blemishes
- It also includes Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, and minerals
- Salicylic Acid present in Aloe vera works as a cleaning your skin
- The enzymes present in Aloe vera reduces inflammation once applied to the skin. Specifically in the case of acne
- You can apply it on wounds since it reduces the chance of serious infections.
- Anthraquinones compound of Aloe vera is antibacterial, analgesic, and antivirals
- Aloe gel has great healing wounds properties and is anti-inflammatory
How to use Aloe vera for acne scars
- Cut a piece of aloe vera leaf from the plant
- Wash it nicely
- Remove the upper leaf layer
- Remove the side part of the leave i.e., small thorns
- Make sure you don’t remove the gel
- Apply the rest of the piece on your face
- Place the jelly area on your face directly
- Apply in a circular motion on your face
- Do not forget the neck area
- For more gel rub the sharp side of the knife on the leaf and enjoy
Skin type and uses of Aloe vera
- If you have oily skin or combinational skin apply aloe gel directly
- If you have dry skin adding Vitamin E oil will be beneficial
- The anti-ageing properties of Aloe vera can help you reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- The redness of the skin can also be reduced by aloe vera gel
- The burning sensation of skin post burn up can be reduced by aloe vera gel along with this it will reduce the scar of that area
- Sunburn can be treated by Aloe gel rapidly and will give you relief from irritation and redness
How to apply Aloe vera gel on scars
- Wash, clean your face use a cleanser on your face and neck
- It is wise to use a gentle cleanser on acne-prone area
- Clean your face with a clean cotton cloth, don’t be harsh
- Apply the aloe gel on the face and neck
- Apply it firmly on the acne-affected area
- For better results repeat twice in morning and night
- Important tip: Make sure the gel gets dry before you go to bed
The benefits of Aloe vera on scars
The use of Aloe vera gel is limitless. Medical and Cosmetic companies that use aloe vera. It has earned a reputation over the years. One of the best benefits of aloe is it works on scar tissues and affected cells.
It boosts the presence of collagen in the skin which lessens the wrinkles and dark spots. Aloe gels behave like a moisturizer that soothes the skin. Aloe is a natural soother for the skin. Not only the skin but it also works on the cells i.e., it makes them healthier.
Aloe Vera gel with Rosewater
The easiest way of using Aloe vera gel is with Rosewater.
Remember rose water is colorless so make sure you bring natural rose water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Aloe vera gel (fresh from Aloe vera plant leaf would be great).
- Now add rose water to the gel and mix it well.
- Then apply the paste to your face.
- Give it some time and after 9-10 minutes wash it off.
- You can see the change and feel it as well.
- Aloe vera gel with Rosewater can work wonderfully as a cleanser and a toner.
Aloe vera gel with honey, and cinnamon
The bacteria causing acne can be reduced by Aloe vera. Its antibacterial properties work wonderfully. But if you want to increase the recovery effect of the acne-affected skin two more ingredients work wonderfully with Aloe vera. With the combination of all three, you can improve the health of your skin which will also cure your acne.
- Start with simply mixing honey, cinnamon, and aloe vera gel
- Take two tablespoons of honey
- One tablespoon of pure aloe vera
- Make sure it is thick and applicable
- Now add 1/3 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- Mix it well and then apply on face
- Remember to clean your face before applying so that ingredients work wonderfully on clean skin
- Apply for 8-10 minutes
- Wash it off with cold water
- This paste works on all skin types
Aloe Vera with Lemon juice
Yes, you can apply lemon juice along with aloe vera. The refreshing effect soothes and refreshes your skin. The pores will be cleaned deeply and will act as an antibacterial cream on your skin. Acne is easily treatable by fruit acid such as lemons.
- Remember to clean your face
- Take 3 tablespoons of pure aloe vera gel
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (Maintain the quantity since increasing it might irritate your skin)
- Apply on face and neck
- Leave it for 8-12 minutes
- Rinse it off with cold water
Prepare a scrub with Aloe vera, Coconut oil, and sugar
Exfoliation of skin can reduce acne from the skin. Scrubbing once in two days can reduce acne and its cause. It removes dead skin and opens the blocked pores of the skin. You can also apply this to your lips. The exfoliation of lips enhances the blood flow and will remove the dead skin from the lips.
For exfoliation brown or white sugar, works wonderfully. Using this scrub will exfoliate the skin. Coconut oils have antibacterial properties and work wonderfully on dry skin. It will result in cleaning pores, removing dead skin cells, and less acne-prone skin. The freshness and smoothness on the skin will be refreshing.
- Start with taking 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Add 3-5 tablespoons of raw white or brown sugar to the oil
- Give it a good mix
- Now add 4 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- Mix it properly until it all blends
- Now use it as a scrub
- Take 1 tablespoon of the mixture on your fingertips
- Gently move your fingers in a circular motion on the skin
- Make sure you scrub your face, neck, and lips
- Rinse it off with cold water and relax
Icy aloe gel cubes
We all love applying ice on our skin which is refreshing and healthy.
The ice cube makes skin shiny, smooth, and healthy. Here’s the difference you can store aloe vera gel in the form of ice cubes. It is easy, handy, and best to use anytime.
- Cut a thick leaf of aloe vera
- Deduct the side thorns and upper part of the leaf
- Now collect the jelly part in a jar
- Blend it properly so that no lumps of jelly remain (do not add any part of the leaf)
- Now fill ice cube tray with aloe vera gel
- Voila! Refrigerate it and use any time you want
Virgin Coconut oil with Aloe vera gel
Aloe vera gel with coconut oil cures Sunburn.
- Add 1 teaspoon of virgin coconut oil
- Two tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel
- Apply 2-3 times daily on the burned part of your skin.
Never apply soap on the sunburn part of your skin it may worsen the skin leaving it itchy and red. Only wash it with fresh cold water to keep it clean.
Natural makeup remover
Yes! You read it right. Aloe vera gel can work as a natural makeup remover since no chemical and pure natural gel substance is good for the skin.
Isn’t it wonderful removing chemical bottled makeup remover with natural gel?
It not only removes makeup perfectly will also clean your pores and will protect it from acne. You can even remove your eye makeup without thinking twice about it. Whether it is a stubborn matte lipstick, mascara aloe gel can work on all of it.
Shave it off with aloe vera
Isn’t it a great one plant with so many advantages?
Aloe vera can remove so many chemical bottles and tubes. Shaving creams can be replaced by aloe vera. The gentleness of aloe gel works wonderfully for moisturizing and smoothing your skin.
The best part of using it is that the antibacterial properties of aloe vera gel will be a boon to use.
Aloe vera works highly on the hair
Using aloe vera gel on hair will make them shiny and strong. One hour before washing hair
- Apply 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel
- ½ tablespoon of virgin coconut oil
- Mix it well before using it
- Apply on scalp and after half-hour wash it off with your regular shampoo.
People with oily hair should apply only aloe gel.
Is Aloe vera gel overnight good or bad?
Aloe works wonderfully on irritated skin. However, try to use fresh aloe vera from your garden rather than using the aloe that is bottled. Since fresh aloe gives a good result. The fresh aloe vera is safe to use on acne inflammation, skin irritation, and wounds.
It is safe to use aloe vera overnight it has no harmful effects you can use it as a moisturizer.
Since bottled aloe gels at least have one or two added preservatives applying and leaving it overnight can be risky. Be cautious with it and always prefer freshly extracted aloe vera gel.
Is it bad to use bottled aloe vera gel?
No, it is not but it is advisable to consult a dermatologist before using it. Some added preservatives might irritate your skin.
Aloe vera is good for all skin types?
Well yes, it doesn’t have any serious issues. However, at first, it might irritate your skin which is a rare experience.
Aloe vera is one plant for all skin-related problems. The use of aloe vera on skin is not newly introduced. The pharmaceutical companies use it extensively. Aloe vera is more than just a gel but the properties of the gel and the skin smoothening effect is wonderful. Not only the skin but aloe vera can work wonderfully on your hair. It smooths and adds a shiny effect to the hair. The use of aloe gel on skin or hair is easy and beneficial.