Applying turmeric on the face has been one of the most popular tricks to lighten the skin. However, what happens when turmeric leaves back a yellowish stain on your face? If you have developed a turmeric stain on your face and are now clueless about getting rid of it, don’t worry! We got you covered. In this article, we will learn some of the most valuable tips and tricks that will help you get rid of that turmeric stain! We will start with coconut oil, the most common ingredient available in every household.
Easy Ways to Remove Turmeric Stain from Face
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has been the most famous make-up remover. Nonetheless, it also can remove turmeric stains from the face. First, let’s understand the science behind using coconut oil to remove turmeric stains. Turmeric is more soluble in oil than in water, and hence, oil works better at removing the stain.
Steps to remove turmeric stain using coconut oil:
- Take 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat the oil in a microwave for 15 seconds.
- Apply the oil gently on your stained skin. Massage the oil for at least 30 seconds. Ensure that the oil is not too hot to burn your face.
- Using a cotton ball, wipe off the oil from your skin.
- Rub the stained area gently with soap and water to remove any residual stains. Rinse it with water and dry it using a soft towel.
- You can repeat the process if there are some more stains left.
Author’s Tip: If coconut oil is not available, you can use vegetable oil too.
2. Raw Milk
If you dislike applying oil to your skin, you can use raw milk too! Raw milk can help remove the turmeric stain from your face while hydrating and moisturizing your face as well!
Steps to remove turmeric stain using raw milk:
- Take raw milk in a bowl.
- Soak a cloth in the raw milk.
- Twist and squeeze the cloth to remove the excess milk.
- Rub the cloth on the stained area in circular motions.
- Once the stain is removed, wash the milk off the skin and rinse with water and a cleanser.
3. Sugar Scrub
Sugar Scrubs are strong exfoliators of the skin. Nonetheless, they are also popularly known for their ability to remove turmeric stains. Keep reading to find out how to make the perfect sugar scrub to remove that turmeric stain off your face.
Steps to remove turmeric stain using sugar scrub:
- Add sugar and water in equal parts in a bowl and mix it well. Keep stirring the mixture until it forms a thick paste.
- Apply the paste gently on the stained skin.
- Wash the paste with warm soapy water.
4. Lemon Juice and Baking Soda
Lemon Juice has always been a popular choice for skin lightening. Lemon juice also lightens age spots and acne scars. When used in combination, lemon juice and baking soda are a perfect match to get rid of the turmeric stains on the face.
Steps to remove turmeric stain using lemon juice and baking soda:
- Add baking soda and lemon juice in equal amounts in a small bowl. Mix it well.
- Ensure that you can easily spread the mixture or paste on your face. If the paste is too thick, add lemon juice and if it’s too loose, add baking soda.
- Apply the paste on the stained skin and let it dry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Wash the paste using soap and water.
5. Lemon Juice and Honey
Lemon Juice and Honey are a widely used combination for removing turmeric stain from the face. Nonetheless, lemon juice and honey are also highly beneficial for the skin. According to a recent study, honey has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. Thus, the combination of lemon juice and honey will not only help you get rid of the turmeric stain but also benefit your skin in various ways.
Steps to remove turmeric stain using lemon juice and honey:
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 to 3 drops of lemon juice. Mix it well to form a paste.
- Apply the paste as a mask on your face and let it dry. Keep it on for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- With a warm washcloth, gently wipe off the face mask.
Author’s Tip: If not honey, you can also use sugar with lemon juice. The combination of sugar and lemon juice is also well known for its turmeric stain removing ability.
6. Baking Soda
You might be shocked to see baking soda enlisted! However, don’t worry. Baking soda is an excellent choice for getting rid of turmeric stains.
Steps to remove turmeric stain using baking soda:
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 3 tablespoons of water.
- Gently apply the mixture to your face.
- Wash the mixture from your face with lukewarm water. Rewash your face with a cleanser and water.
Author’s Tip: If your skin is sensitive or dry, do not use baking soda as it may cause flare-ups.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a powerful ingredient for removing turmeric stains. Nonetheless, apple cider vinegar is also known for tightening the skin and protecting it from harmful environmental elements.
Steps to remove turmeric stain using Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water in a bowl.
- Rub the mixture gently on your stained skin.
- Wash it off and dab it dry using a soft cloth.
We are sure that any one of these tips will surely remove that turmeric stain from your face and give you a new and improved look. Here’s a short frequently asked question section that you can go through for more information!
1. Does turmeric bleach your skin?
Turmeric has excellent skin-lightening properties. It can help you get rid of dark spots without causing any side effects. Nonetheless, mixing turmeric with curd, honey, or gram flour can prevent your skin from turmeric stains too!
2. Does turmeric stain permanently?
Organic and pure turmeric never leaves a stain. However, artificial turmeric may lead to persistent stains for a few hours or days. Well, with our article, you will get rid of the turmeric stains immediately!
You May Also Like To Read:
Turmeric is one of the most popular remedies for skin whitening. Original and natural turmeric would never leave a stain. However, artificial turmeric does leave a yellow stain on your face. If you have faced this problem, don’t worry. Getting rid of the turmeric stain is easy. Simple ingredients like lemon juice, sugar, honey, baking soda, and so on that are available in almost every household can help you.
Drop-in a comment below and let us know which technique worked at removing the turmeric stain from your face!