Pimples can be quite annoying, and the worst part is, they always appear before an important event! Not just they lower your confidence, they also leave marks on the face if not treated properly.
While there are many spot treatments for pimples available in the market, they can often lead to certain side effects like skin redness, irritation, and dryness. That’s why most people switch to natural remedies for treating pimples.
Therefore, to make it easier for you, we have listed down 5 quick and effective home remedies to remove pimples. Now let’s begin!
5 Simple And Effective Home Remedies To Remove Pimples
1. The Magic Of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a tropical plant that resembles a cactus. Its leaves produce a transparent gel, which is used for various medicinal and skincare purposes. For ages, aloe Vera has been a popular beauty and healthy ingredient. And when it comes to fighting pimples, it works like magic!
According to studies, applying aloe Vera gel directly onto the skin can significantly help to kill bacteria that cause pimples and reduce inflammation.
Due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, aloe Vera gel is the main ingredient in many creams and lotions formulated to fight and prevent pimples.
Here’s how to apply aloe Vera gel for treating pimples:
- Scrape aloe Vera gel with the help of a spoon.
- Apply it on your pimples and leave it for around 20-30 minutes. You can even leave it overnight as it is very mild on the skin.
- Wash it with cold water.
While aloe Vera alone is beneficial in reducing pimples, combining it with essential oils such as clove oil can be a more effective pimple remedy.
2. Tea Tree Oil To The Rescue!
Tea tree oil is an essential oil that is extracted from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia plant. It has antibacterial properties and works as an effective home remedy for treating pimples.
According to a study, tree oil can effectively kill bacteria that cause pimples and also reduce inflammation.
Another study found that a gel containing only 5% of tea tree oil was also effective in treating pimples like benzoyl peroxide, a common pimple medication.
Here’s how you can use tea tree oil to get rid of pimples:
- Add 1 drop of tea tree oil in a lightweight oil such as jojoba oil.
- Dip a cotton bud in the solution and apply on to the pimples.
- Let it dry and then, apply a soothing lotion.
Repeat its application once or twice daily.
Warning: Tea tree oil is very potent and can cause skin irritation, therefore, always dilute it with a lightweight oil before using it. Also, it is wise to conduct a patch test before opting for tea tree oil as a pimple treatment.
3. The Goodness Of Green Tea
Green tea is a popular health beverage among people owing to its various benefits. And when it comes to fighting pimples, it is equally beneficial! According to studies, green tea is loaded with antioxidants that kill the bacteria that cause pimples and also reduce inflammation.
Moreover, another study has proved that applying just a small concentration (2%) of green tea extract on the skin can help to control excessive sebum production and thereby, reducing pimples.
Green tea is an active ingredient in many spot treatments available in the market. One of its greatest benefits is that it is suitable for all skin types and doesn’t cause any side effects when applied topically.
Here’s how to apply green tea to treat pimples:
- Add 1-2 tsp of green tea in boiling water.
- Let it cool and strain the water. Then, dip a cotton pad or a cotton bud in the mixture and apply it to your pimples.
- You can either wash it after 15-20 minutes or even leave it overnight.
- Repeat its application every day. You can store it in your refrigerator for up to a week.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar Solution
Apple cider vinegar, as its name suggests, is extracted from pressed apples. It is a popular beauty ingredient that can be easily found in your kitchen.
According to a study, the acetic acid in apple cider vinegar can help to reduce acne and pimples. Another study has found out that apple cider vinegar can effectively kill the bacteria that causes pimples.
Here’s how to apply apple cider vinegar to reduce and prevent pimples:
- Dilute equal parts of apple cider vinegar with water and apply it to your skin with a cotton pad. However, if you have a sensitive skin type, then mix water with apple cider vinegar in the ratio of 2:1.
- Let it sit for 3-4 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- Since apple cider vinegar can make your skin dry, you can apply a hydrating and soothing lotion after rinsing it off.
Warning: The potent nature of apple cider vinegar can cause skin irritation and redness. Therefore, you must always do a patch test before applying it to your skin.
5. Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth) & Yoghurt Face Pack
Fuller’s earth is a mineral-rich clay that is used to control the production of excess oils or sebum in the skin and thereby preventing pimples. One of the major causes of pimples is clogged pores, which occur because of the excess oils in the skin.
While Multani mitti can be beneficial in absorbing the excess oils and impurities from the skin, the lactic acid in yoghurt curd helps to remove the dirt and impurities from your face while keeping it hydrated.
Here’s how to use Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth) & Yoghurt Face Pack to reduce pimples:
- Mix 2 tsp Multani mitti powder with 2 tsp yoghurt to make a face pack.
- Apply it on your face and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
Multani mitti can make your skin tight and dry, so we advise you to apply a hydrating moisturizer after using a Multani mitti face pack.
What causes pimples on the face?
Usually, pimples occur when the pores of the skin become clogged due to excess oil and dead skin cells. Moreover, certain medications, stress, hormonal changes and, bad skincare habits, etc., can also lead to pimples.
How much time does it take for pimples to go away?
Pimples that contain pus may take around 4-6 weeks to heal. Pus is the build-up of bacteria that causes pimples. However, smaller pimples can disappear in just 3-4 days.
We hope these simple yet effective natural remedies help you to reduce and prevent pimples. Not only they are affordable and effective, but they also don’t pose the risk of causing any serious side effects.
So it’s time to say goodbye to your pimples and flaunt that spotless, glowing skin! Remember, you need to be patient and regular in following these remedies since you can’t get rid of a pimple overnight.
Also, please do let us know which remedy worked the best for you! If you have other related questions, type them in the comment section below. We will get back to you soon!