Styling your hair is an effective way to elevate your appearance. It adds dimension to your face and enhances your natural beauty. One of the most common and effortless ways of styling your hair is curling them.
Curls are easy to carry off because it suits almost all hair types and facial structures!
However, if you do not have a hair curler, you need not worry about it! This article will help you achieve voluminous curls without using a hair curler.
How to achieve curls without a hair curler?
Since curls are easier to achieve, you can use different household items. Let us take a look at some tried and tested techniques!
Technique #1 – Old t-shirt to the rescue
T-shirts are often discarded as soon as they get worn out. However, they can be used to help you get some naturally bouncy curls without much hassle. Here’s how –
- Wash your hair as usual. Pat dry with a towel.
- Take your old t-shirt and cut long strips depending on how loose or tight you want your curls.
- Broad long strips of cloth will give you loose curls, whereas thinner strips will result in tighter curls.
- Take a section of your hair and wrap it around the strip.
- Start from the ends and work your way to the desired length.
- Repeat this process with the rest of your hair.
- Leave it on till your hair has dried.
- For natural-looking curls, let your hair air-dry.
- Once it has dried, start removing the t-shirt strips one by one and gently comb your hair through them to detangle any knots.
Technique #2 – Socks for your curls
Sock curls have been trending over various social media platforms for quite some time. The results have always been a success.
So let’s see how socks can help you get some curls –
- Make sure your hair is slightly damp, else spray some water on clean and dry hair.
- Depending on how thick your hair is, you will need around one to three pairs of socks.
- Section your hair as you desire.
- Take a sock and align it with the length of your hair.
- The closed part of the sock should be on the roots, whereas the opening should be on the lengths of your hair.
- You can secure the sock on your hair with a clipper.
- Take a piece of your sectioned hair from the front and wrap it around the sock tightly.
- Once you have wrapped your hair around the sock, take another piece from the section.
- Merge with the previous piece and wrap it around the sock.
- Repeat the process till the entire section has been wrapped around the sock.
- Put your hand in the end section or the opening of the sock.
- Grab the curl from inside, loop it over, and tuck it inside.
- Unlock the clipper from the top.
- Repeat the entire process with the other sections.
- Leave the socks on for about five to six hours.
- Slowly unravel the socks from your hair. Gently brush through and detangle your hair with your fingers.
Technique #3 – Braiding for beachy waves
You know that braiding your hair prevents breakage and damage. But have you tried this technique for some beautiful beachy waves? If not, then try it out!
- Make sure your hair is clean and dry before braiding.
- Divide your hair into two sections with the help of a centre parting.
- Depending on how loose or tight you want, braid your hair as per preference. Secure with a rubber band or any hair tie.
- You can even do a single braid for some loose, casual curls.
- Leave it on overnight.
- Open your braids the following day and detangle using your fingers.
Technique #4 – Using a headband
This technique has worked wonders for many beauty influencers. If you do not have a headband, you can also convert an old t-shirt into a make-shift headband.
- Wash your hair as usual. Pat dry with a towel.
- Once your hair is damp-dried, put on a headband.
- If you do not have a headband, then you can use this alternate hack –
- Take any old t-shirt.
- Start twisting it from the ends to the neck.
- Tie it around your head.
- Now take small sections of your hair and wrap them around the headband.
- Repeat the process till all of your hair has been wrapped around the headband.
- If there are any loose ends, you can secure them using clips.
- You can either let your hair air-dry entirely or leave it on overnight.
- Once dried, remove all the clips and slowly unravel your curls.
Some Tips and Tricks
While these hacks and techniques will help curl your hair, the products you use will also make a lot of difference.
Therefore, using the right products will add more bounce and shine to those beautiful curls.
Let us look at some tips and tricks to prepare your hair before you curl them!
- If you have dry, frizzy, or damaged hair, put some drops of oil and massage it on your scalp for circulation before rinsing and curling.
- While drying your hair, make sure you blot or pat dry using a towel. For best results, you can use a microfiber towel or hair wrap as it helps avoid rubbing your scalp.
- Use a suitable hair serum or a leave-in conditioner for added shine and smoothness.
- If you have ample time, let your hair air-dry rather than using a dryer as applying heat will damage your hair.
- If you feel that your curls will not last for a long time, you can set them using a hair spray.
You May Also Like To Read:
Curling your hair is an easy, low-maintenance, and almost effortless way to upgrade your overall appearance. Moreover, curls complement all hair types, facial structures, and attires.
Achieving curls does not require any fancy hair curling iron or straightener. You can simply use any household item and get salon-like curls at home.
If you have tried curling your hair without using a hair curler, share your experiences along with some tips and tricks that we may have missed in the comment section below.
Do not forget to check back soon for more such articles on our page!