Most of us spend hours with our faces pressured upon our memory foam pillows. This makes it essential to clean and wash these pillows regularly to make sure the pillow is healthy, clean, and maintain a good hygiene level.
According to research, not cleaning or washing your pillows can cause several skin issues such as breakouts and ache, so you must focus on cleaning your pillows.
Cleaning your pillow and getting rid of stains and smells can be a bit difficult, especially in terms of memory foam pillows.
Memory foam pillows are acknowledged as one of the best pillows in the market. However, due to its soft and sensitive material, the process of cleaning memory foam pillow can be extra tricky.
But no worries now, In this article, we have mentioned some helpful techniques that can help you get rid of these unpleasant smells and stains and make your memory foam pillow pleasant and clean again:
How To Clean Memory Foam Pillow
1. How To Remove Fresh Stains From Your Memory Foam Pillow
If you have fresh stains on your pillow, then you should follow the step of spot cleaning.
- Remove the pillowcase and the protective cover from your memory foam pillow.
- The take a clean paper towel, or you can also use a cloth (makes sure it’s dry and clean) to remove the stains of your pillow.
- Take a small amount of detergent along with lukewarm water combine both of them together well. (Don’t use hot water for cleaning purposes as it might affect the firmness of the memory foam)
- Dip your paper towel or cloth into the mixture and gently utilize it on the stain areas in circular motions.
- Keep working on the stain until you witness the stain has completely gone.
- Then, to clean this mixture of your pillow, use a new clean cloth, dip it in lukewarm water, and use it over the mixture to clean the area.
- To dry your memory foam pillow, you can keep it down near sunlight. You can also use an open area and keep it there for a few hours until it is completely dried. Once your memory foam pillows get dried, it’s ready to use again.
Note: Don’t use any dark-coloured cloth while removing the stains from your memory foam pillow. A dark-coloured material might release its colour and cause a disaster to your pillow.
2. How To Get Rid Of Bad Smell In Memory Foam Pillow
You must have witnessed an unpleasant smell coming from your pillows after a few months of use. This smell often occurs due to the oil, dead skin cells, and sweat consumed by your memory foam pillows.
In order to get rid of these smells, you need to use the deodorization method. Here are steps you have to follow for the deodorization method:
- Firstly, remove your pillowcase and the protective pillow cover (if it’s removable).
- Then lay down your memory foam pillow on a flat surface, and gently put baking soda on one part of the pillow, and leave it on with exposure to sunlight for around one or two hours.
- Now, using an upholstery attachment, remove the baking soda from the pillow by vacuuming the surface of the pillow properly.
- Then, continue the same method on the opposite side of your pillow by flipping it over.
- This way, you can make your memory foam pillow clean and remove the unwanted smell.
3. How To Perform Extensive Cleaning Method On Your Memory Foam Pillow
Now that we have known how to clean your pillows based on particular concerns like the unpleasant smell and fresh stains, let’s look into the perfect way to clean your memory foam pillow entirely and make it fresh and healthy again.
Here are the steps you need to follow to provide your memory foam pillow with deep cleaning:
- Fill your bathtub or your bathroom sink with lukewarm water.
- Add a sufficient amount of mild detergent to the bathtub or sink if you want to make your pillow have a good smell or scent, you can put in a small amount of lavender oil.
- Then drown your memory foam pillow in soapy water and then refill the tub or sink with clean water.
- Squeeze in the pillow a few times, so the clean water can help wash any left-off dust or soap.
- Once you have run through the water properly, then squeeze your pillow gently (Don’t add too much pressure or twist the pillow as it might affect the foam of the pillow) to extract any excess water left on the pillow.
- Leave the pillow on a flat surface outdoor near sunlight, or you can also leave it under your ceiling fan to completely dry.
- Once your memory foam pillow is dried, it is clean, healthy, and ready to use again.
1. What is the most suitable method to dry your wet memory foam pillow?
The best way to dry your wet memory foam pillow is to lay it down on a flat surface where it can get good sunlight in order to dry. This way, your pillow will be able to dry naturally through the good warmness of the sun and natural air.
2. Should I use chemicals for cleaning my memory foam pillows?
No, you shouldn’t use any harsh chemicals for cleaning your memory foam pillows as they can damage the firmness level and quality of the memory foam pillows.
3. What is the lifespan of a memory foam pillow?
The lifespan for a memory foam pillow is around two to three years.
You May Also Like To Read:
Best Spring Mattresses In India
Cleaning your memory foam pillow can be pretty challenging for everyone, but it is vital to clean your pillows after every two to three months.
If you don’t take care of your pillows and clean them regularly, the dead skin, dust mites, and several impurities can stay in the pillow for months and cause health and skin issues.
Most people often struggle with knowing the proper method to get rid of dirt and smell from their pillow.
Therefore, here we have mentioned all the essential points and techniques that can help you clean your pillow and make it healthy and neat again.
If you have any further doubts regarding cleaning your memory foam pillow, then tell us in the comments.