True beauty doesn’t lie in your mole but reflects in your soul!
We know that you don’t quite admire that mole on your face, and you want to get rid of it soon as possible. But know that you’re not alone! Although moles are usually harmless, most people get bothered by them.
Also known as ‘beauty spots,’ moles are the build-up of pigmented cells that appear on the top layer of the skin.
From laser treatment and surgery to ointment and DIY home remedies, there are many mole removal methods. Consult your dermatologist to know which one will work the best for you.
However, if you’re looking for some natural solutions, then you’re at the right place as this article aims at telling you 5 easy home remedies for mole removal.
Do’s And Don’ts
Before we inform you of the remedies for mole removal, here are some do’s and don’ts that you need to follow:
- Always talk to your dermatologist before attempting any home remedy for mole removal. A mole can also be a warning sign for skin cancer.
- Before opting for any home remedy, always do a patch test. Not all remedies can suit your skin.
- Immediately stop using any home remedy if you develop redness, irritation, or any other side effects.
- NEVER cut off a mole with a blade/scissors!
5 Home Remedies For Mole Removal
Now that you know the dos and don’ts, without wasting a second, let’s move to the 5 simple yet effective home remedies for mole removal.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar For Moles
Due to its acidic nature, apple cider vinegar dries up the mole and turns it into a scab. Repeated application of apple cider vinegar will make the mole fall off eventually.
How to apply:
- Dilute 1 part of apple cider vinegar in 3 parts of water.
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in the diluted solution.
- Squeeze off the excess and place it on the mole.
- Secure the cotton ball with the help of a band-aid or duct tape.
- Leave it for 4-6 hours and rinse it with plain water.
- Repeat it until the moles start to fall.
Warning: There have been reports of skin burns caused by apple cider vinegar. If your skin becomes irritated or you get a tingling sensation after its application, stop using it immediately!
2. Baking Soda And Castor Oil
Castor oil and baking soda can make the mole fade away. While baking soda dries out the mole, castor oil has Omega-3 fatty acids that reduce pigmentation. It also keeps the area moisturized, doesn’t leave behind any scars.
How to apply:
- Make a paste of ½ tsp baking soda and 3 drops of castor oil in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture on your mole and cover it with the help of a band-aid to prevent it from running off.
- Remove the bandage after 6-8 hours and wash it with water.
- Repeat this until the mole starts to fade away. You will start seeing the results after 2-3 weeks of application.
3. Banana Peel For Moles
A raw banana peel is rich in natural enzymes and acids. It contains lutein, one of the powerful antioxidants that decrease swelling and inflammation. Lutein also causes healthy skin cell growth and removes unwanted moles from the skin.
How to apply:
- Place the inside of an unripe banana peel on the mole.
- Secure it in place with a tape or bandage.
- Leave it overnight and repeat daily until the mole falls off.
4. Frankincense Oil
Frankincense oil is known to decrease scars, pimples, and acne. According to studies, it also effectively reduces moles and hyperpigmentation.
It is highly astringent and antibacterial. If applied continuously, it can dry out the mole and make it fall off.
How to Apply:
- Take a Q-tip and dip it in frankincense oil. You don’t have to dilute it.
- Apply it on your mole. Cover it with a band-aid and leave it overnight.
- Wash it with warm water in the morning.
- Your mole with turn darker and fall of in 2-3 weeks.
- Even when your mole falls off, keep applying it since it effectively removes any scars.
Turmeric is rich in vitamin C, which helps to decrease pigmentation. In addition, it can manage melanin production, thus helping in the lightening of moles and gradually removing them.
How to Apply:
- Mix ½ tsp ground turmeric with 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Apply that on your moles and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash off with plain water and repeat twice a day for fast results.
Author’s Note: These are the most popular remedies, but none of them is 100% effective. Studies are still underway to prove their effectiveness.
What causes mole formation?
Moles are generally caused by the excess amount of melanin in the skin and overexposure to UV rays.
Can moles disappear on their own?
Some moles can last a lifetime, while some slowly fade away. Moreover, moles can also become flat or raised over time.
How can I tell if my mole is dangerous?
If your mole changes shape, size or color, or starts to itch or bleed, this may be a warning sign. You need to consult your doctor immediately.
You May Also Like To Read:
4 Ways To Use Tea Tree Oil For Acne And Acne Scars
While you can also undergo surgery or opt for other clinical treatments for mole removal, they may not be very cost-effective and can seem daunting. Therefore, home remedies for mole removal are a safer and cheaper alternative.
We hope that these simple yet effective home remedies decrease the appearance of your mole and help you to get rid of it. Just be consistent in following them to see the results as they take time to work.
We would love to hear which remedy worked the best for you. Also, if you have any queries, please type them in the comment section!