We all had one thing in common for 2023 – our resolution to burn fats and become fit. However, all the workouts seem tiring. Not all exercises that exhaust you are burning the fat in you. So, if you are looking for easy workouts and burn fat from your belly, your arms, your thighs, your butts, you are at the right place.
Today, we got a little gift for you. Here is the list of 12 exercises you can follow that are easy and burn fat in your body.
12 Simple Fat-Burning Exercises for Women
Burpees are a combination of push-ups and jump squats. Burpees make use of all your body parts, including your shoulders, chests, abs, quads, inner thighs, butt, and triceps, making it one of the easiest yet highly fat-burning exercises.
To do burpees, you can follow the following steps:
- Squat Position: Your feet should be shoulder-width apart, with weight in your heels and arms at your sides.
- Shift your weight to your hands by placing your hands on the floor in your front, inside your feet.
- Plank Position: Jump your feet back such that you are on your hands and toes. Your back should be in a straight line. Do one pushup.
- Squat: Jump your feet back, such that your feet are just outside of your hands.
- Jump: Slowly get up, reach your arms overhead, and jump up.
- Squat: Land with your knees back into the squat position. Repeat from 1.
Burpees are known for enhancing your cardiovascular fitness. Burpees make you lose a lot of sweat with calories! Without any delay, let’s move on to the next exercise.
2. Mountain Climbers
Mountain climbers are like climbing a mountain but on a flat floor. It is the most accessible form of exercise that uses most of the muscles of your body, including your abdominals, glutes, legs, triceps, chest, and shoulders. Mountain Climbers increase your cardio endurance, core strength, and agility.
To do mountain climbers, you can follow the following steps:
- Plank Position: You should be on your hands and toes, such that your hands are a little wider than your shoulders.
- Pull in your knee as much as you can, upto your chest, without elevating your hips.
- Push back your leg and draw in the other knee in the same manner.
- Keep repeated with alternate legs.
Mountain climbers are high-calorie burning exercises that can help you attain a flat belly. A perfect activity to kick start your workout is Russian Twists. Let’s learn how to do them.
3. Russian Twists
Russian Twists are famous for building abs. Russian twists develop your core strength.
To do Russian twists, you can follow the following steps:
- Sit with your knees bent and your back at an angle of 45 degrees from the ground.
- Bring your hands to the front together and rotate your arms and upper body to the right side.
- Now, rotate your arms and upper body to the left side. Keep repeating these alterations.
Russian twists burn the excess fat on the sides of your belly. Aren’t exercises that can be done while simply laying the best ones? They help you burn fat too! We have curated some high-fat burning exercises that can be done while you lay on your floor, just for you!
4. Bent Leg Side Raises
Bent Leg Side Raises, or Side Leg Raises, strengthens your core. Bent Leg Side raisers strengthen your hips, thighs, and gluteal muscles.
To do Bent Leg Side Raises, follow the following steps:
- Lay on the floor on your left side, such that your right leg is over your left leg.
- You can use one of your arms to support your head, while you can place your other arm in front of you.
- Bend the left knee to the forward. Raise your right leg up to an angle of 45 degrees from the ground or more. Slowly bring it down.
- Lift your leg at least 20 times.
- Now, shift and lay on your right side and repeat the same.
Bent Leg Side Raises are known for reducing the fat on your thighs. They are also famous for burning the fat off your belly. Another exercise that can be done while lying on the floor is Glute Bridges. Please keep reading to know about them.
5. Glute Bridge
Glute bridges make your core strong. Your hamstrings and glutes.
To do glute bridges, follow the following steps.”
- Lie on the floor, face up towards the ceiling.
- Bend your knees such that your feet are flat on the floor.
- Make sure your arms rest on the floor, with your palm towards the floor.
- Now, slightly raise your hips upwards, with your glutes pressed.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then lower your hip.
- Keep repeating the exercise at least 20 times.
A glute bridge can burn fat and tone your butt, abs, and arm strings. Keep lying on the floor, one more exercise to go in the same position!
6. Leg Circles
Leg Circles are known to strengthen your core, quadriceps, and hamstrings.
To do Leg Circles, follow the following steps:
- Lay on the ground, face towards the ceiling, and your arms on the side.
- Make sure both your legs lay flat on the ground, joined together.
- Now slowly lift your one leg such that your feet point towards the ceiling.
- Rotate your leg in a circle, first clockwise, then anti-clockwise, and slowly bring your leg down.
- Now lift the other leg and rotate it in the same way, clockwise and anti-clockwise. Lower it again back down.
Leg Circles burn the fat on your inner thighs, thus toning your thighs. Time to get up and wake up your body. How? High-Knees is the answer.
7. High Knees
High knees are known to increase the power endurance of your lower body. They activate your quadriceps, hamstrings, calves, glutes, and hip flexors. They also increase your core strength and enhance flexibility.
To do high knees, follow the following steps:
- Stand with your legs hip-width apart.
- Pull in your right knee towards yourself, meaning lift it as much as you can.
- Please bring it back down as you pull your left knee towards yourself.
- Keep repeating it for at least 30 seconds.
Author’s note: Make sure both your feet are never on the ground together.
High knees are known for burning more calories in less time duration. They can burn fat from your lower belly, giving you a flat belly look. Another exercise that wakes up and pumps up your whole body is Jumping, Jack. Keep reading, and you will know how it’s done.
8. Jumping Jacks
Jumping jacks engages almost all the muscles of your body. Jumping jack improves your cardiovascular health and strengthens your bones too.
To do Jumping Jacks, follow the following steps:
- Stand such that your feet are together and your arms are on your side.
- Jump to extend your legs wide apart as your arms move upward to clap.
- Keep repeating it for at least a minute.
Jumping Jacks are effective in reducing your overall body weight. If you love doing planks, you can spice it up with plank ski-hops. Are they more effective in burning fat? Keep reading, and you will know.
9. Plank Ski-Hops
Plank Ski-Hopes increase your core and shoulder strength. Plank Ski-Hops engage your abs, obliques, legs, glutes, and hips.
To do ski-hops, follow the following steps:
- Get to the plank position with your weight on your arms and toes.
- Keep your feet together, bend your knee and jump towards your left side as far as you can, preferable farther than your shoulder.
- Bring your legs back to the plank position and immediately jump with your feet together towards your right side, again as far as you can but farther than your shoulder.
- Keep repeating this for at least a minute.
Plank Ski-Hops burn many calories, helping you burn fat and build your abs and flat belly. After such an intense workout, it’s time to do the following exercise while giving your body some rest. So lay down; it’s time for flutter kicks.
10. Flutter Kicks
Flutter kicks engage your core muscles, lower rectus abdominal muscles, and hip flexors. Flutter kicks increase flexibility and improve endurance.
To do flutter kicks, follow the following tips:
- Lie down, with your face towards the ceiling and your hands below your buttocks.
- Lift your right leg, past your hip height, and lift the left leg just a few inches over the floor.
- Now bring the left leg up, past your hip height, and bring down your right leg to a few inches over the floor.
- Keep repeating it so that your legs engage in flutter kick motion for at least 45 – 60 seconds.
Author’s note: While flutter kicking, ensure your lower back is on the ground and not lifted.
Flutter Kicks targets and burns the extra fats in your belly region. Flutter Kicks tone your lower body while defining your ab muscles. Do you know another exercise where you can kick? It’s kickbacks!
11. Kick Backs
Kickbacks are most effective for your lower body muscles. They target your glutes, hamstrings, and core.
To do kickbacks, follow the following steps:
- You should be on all your fours on the ground, i.e., your knees and your palms.’ Your back should be parallel to the floor.
- Contract your glutes, and slowly lift your left leg, starting from your thigh. The portion below the knees should be parallel to the floor.
- Slowly bring your leg down and come back on all your fours.
- Now, lift your right leg similarly, with your knees parallel to the floor.
- Keep repeating it for at least ten sets.
Kick Backs help burn fats from your thighs and lower belly while strengthening your core. If your arms feel flabby, arm scissors are the best exercise for you.
12. Arm Scissors
Arm scissors warm-up and stretch your shoulders, arms, chest, and upper back. It increases flexibility.
To do arm scissors, follow the following steps:
- Stand with your legs wide apart.
- Stretch your hands to either side.
- Now, bring your hands to the front, over each other.
- The hands should overlap each other.
- Bring your hands back on either side, spread wide apart.
- Keep repeating this for at least 45-60 seconds.
Arms Scissors help to reduce arm fat in the easiest way possible.
Now that we have learned about how to burn fat in the easiest ways possible, let’s solve some frequently asked questions:
1. What exercise burns the most belly fat?
Thirty minutes of aerobic or cardio exercise daily reduce the most belly fat. These 30 minutes can consist of running, walking fast, cycling, or swimming. High-Intensity Interval Training (or HIIT) combines intense exercise mixed with lower intensity moves or rest periods and is also known for reducing belly fat.
2. How can I burn fat quickly?
To burn fat quickly, you can try the following tricks:
- Try starting strength training.
- Increase your protein intake.
- Consume more fibrous foods.
- Have a good sleep.
- Drink unsweetened beverages.
- Choose whole grains instead of refined grains.
- Drink coffee.
- Spend more time in cardio.
- Try HIIT or High-Intensity Interval Training.
- Add probiotics like yoghurt to your diet.
You May Also Like To Read:
Easy Fitness Tips for Working Women
Best Upper Body Exercises for Women
Do Men And Women Have Different Nutritional Needs?
Workout is like a religion. It makes you feel happy and good about yourself. Indeed, working out is a self-care treatment. Yet, aren’t there days where you dont have the energy for yourself? There’s no need to worry now. These simple exercises are made just for those days. They do not require much of your effort and help you burn fat quickly too. So get in your best gym wear and start losing that extra fat!
Please drop a comment and let us know your favourite workout out of these!