Decreased hair growth is one of the main problems that lead to losing volume in hair. However, eggs seem to solve the problem.
Eggs have been among the most popular products that benefit our hair. Egg for hair growth has been used since ancient times. However, people still seem confused about using egg masks to increase hair growth. Are you one of them? If yes, we got you.
In this article, we will be covering the various benefits of using an egg hair mask and some egg masks that you can make at your home!
Benefits of Egg Mask
Egg masks are famous for their varied benefits in hair. To learn more about these benefits, keep reading!
- Egg Mask promotes hair growth. The amino acids in eggs are responsible for hair growth.
- Egg white is composed of enzymes and has antibacterial properties. Thus, egg masks ensure a clean scalp and keep infection at bay.
- Eggs contain fatty acids, and hence, egg hair masks fight dryness.
- Lecithin in egg yolk is a natural conditioner, and hence, egg masks have conditioning and moisturizing properties.
- Egg masks contain different vitamins that provide nutrition to hair and prevent hair loss.
- Egg hair masks are rich in antioxidants and fight off the free radicals in the scalp and prevent damage.
Now that we have learned the various benefits of egg hair masks, it is time to prepare them! Keep reading to know more!
How to Make an Egg Hair Mask?
Egg hair masks are famous for their health benefits on our hair. They promote hair growth, strengthen our hair, and add shine to the hair. Preparing egg hair masks at home is easy! Here is a list of different kinds of egg hair masks that you can make at home.
1. Egg, Aloe Vera, Olive Oil
Eggs are known for their hair growth and strengthening properties. However, the hair mask becomes more powerful when an egg is mixed with aloe vera and olive oil. We all have heard about the soothing properties of Aloe Vera on the skin. However, Aloe Vera is also highly popular for its benefits on hair. According to WebMD, Aloe Vera strengthens the hair roots and repairs the hair strands.
Hence, there is minor hair fall. Olive oil in the hair mask ensures that the hair turns soft and smooth. Now that we have learned the benefits of egg, aloe vera, and olive oil hair masks, let’s learn how to prepare them.
How to Make the Hair Mask of Egg, Aloe Vera, Olive Oil?
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of egg yolk and mix it with 4-5 tablespoons of aloe vera in a bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 10 seconds and mix it with aloe vera and egg yolk in the bowl.
- After mixing it, apply the mask to your hair and let it stay for 30 minutes.
- Wash off the mask and rinse your hair with cold water.
Author’s tip: Replace olive oil with jojoba oil if you have oily hair.
2. Egg, Banana, Honey
While egg boosts hair growth, bananas work to increase hair strength, making them thicker. Honey moisturizes the hair. It adds shine and luster to the hair. This combination also contains milk and olive oil.
Milk reduces hair loss, while olive oil strengthens the hair. Hence, a mask of these items usually works best to accelerate hair growth. To learn how to prepare a mask from egg, banana, and honey, keep reading.
How to make the hair mask of Egg, Banana, and Honey?
- Mix 1 egg, 1 mashed banana, 3 tablespoon milk, 3 tablespoon honey, and 5 tablespoons olive oil in a bowl.
- Once all the ingredients have blended well, apply the mixture or mask to your hair.
- Let the mask stay for about an hour, and then wash it off with shampoo and cold water.
3. Egg, Almond Oil, Coconut Oil
Eggs are well known for their hair growth and hair softening properties. When you mix egg with almond oil and coconut oil, the mask prepared will give you solid and thick hair, promoting hair growth. Both Almond Oil and Coconut Oil have been famous for their benefits on hair for a long time.
Almond oil softens, strengthens, and repairs hair. Moreover, almond oil also makes your hair grow and may treat scalp conditions. Coconut oil moisturizes and repairs damaged hair and prevents dandruff. We know you are excited to try out the mask! Keep reading to find out how the mask is made.
How to make the hair mask of Egg, Almond Oil, and Coconut Oil?
- Take 4-5 tablespoons of almond oil, 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil, and 3-4 tablespoons of egg white in a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well in the bowl.
- Apply the mask on your hair and once it dries, wash it off with your shampoo. Do not apply conditioner over the mask.
Author’s tip: You can apply the mask on your hair thrice a week to yield maximum benefits.
4. Egg, Castor Oil
Our hair is made of protein. Since eggs contain high quantities of protein, they enhance hair growth. Castor oil is also a powerful ingredient for hair. Castor oil strengthens hair strands, promotes hair growth, and nourishes the dry scalp. A combination of egg and castor oil ensures that your hair has accelerated growth and strength. Here are a few steps you can follow to make the egg hair mask.
How to Make the Hair Mask of Egg, Castor Oil?
- Mix 2 eggs with 1 tablespoon of castor oil in a bowl.
- Apply the mask on your hair and let it stay for about half an hour.
- Wash off the hair mask with shampoo and cold water. Do not use a conditioner.
5. Egg, Curd
The egg makes our hair strong and promotes hair growth. When combined with curd, our hair gets additional benefits. Curd ensures that our hair does not suffer from any kind of infection. Nonetheless, it is nutritious and provides our scalp with powerful nutrients.
The mask also contains lemon juice, which cleanses the scalp. Hence, hair growth is achieved with a clean and nutritious scalp with egg, lemon juice, and curd mask. Here are a few steps you can follow to make the hair mask.
How to Make the Hair Mask of Egg and Curd?
- Mix 4 tablespoons of curd with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 egg in a bowl.
- Apply the mask to your hair with the help of a brush.
- Let the mask stay for an hour, then wash it off with shampoo and cold water.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Often Should You Use an Egg Mask on Your Hair?
The yolk of an egg proves to be beneficial for those with dry and brittle hair. The egg white helps to cleanse and detox the scalp. You should not use egg hair masks more than once a week.
Should I Shampoo After the Egg Mask?
You can shampoo and condition your hair after applying an egg mask. However, ensure that you wash and rinse your hair with cold water only. Using hot water for washing your hair after an egg mask could cause the egg to clump in your hair and damage your hair.
Is it OK to Leave an Egg in Hair Overnight?
Egg hair masks greatly benefit our hair. However, leaving them overnight is not recommended. Egg hair masks are highly proteinaceous, and leaving them overnight could result in bacterial growth and a foul smell.
You May Like to Read:
Egg masks are not just a trend but can increase your hair growth for real! Hair growth is not the only problem an egg hair mask can help you with. It also increases the strength and volume of your hair while giving it a shine.
Moreover, you can prepare your egg hair mask using the available ingredients at your home! Hence, if obtaining hair growth is so easy, why wait? Make your egg hair mask now and increase your hair growth!
Drop-in a comment below and tell us your egg hair mask recipe!