Do you know that an adult should consume an average of 200 mg of vitamin C per day? What for? Because this powerful antioxidant is fundamental for cell renewal.
This molecule, also called ascorbic acid, will not perform its function normally if its quantity available for the target area is not sufficient. However, even trying to balance our daily diet to the best of our ability makes it difficult to nourish the skin properly. Hence the need for a topical vitamin intake.
Formulated with other scientifically studied ingredients, the best vitamin C serum quickly penetrates your skin to wake it up, improve its elasticity, even your complexion, and fade the signs of skin aging.
Of course, like many cosmetic products sold on the market, non-compliant serums also exist! Make the best choice by referring to our selection of the most effective vitamin c serums based on users’ opinions who have tried the experiment. We Select some of Best Vitamin C Serum In India.
Buying Guide For Vitamine C Serum
When buying your vitamin C serum, the most important thing is to choose the product that offers you the best value for money. To do this, you should know a few factors that can help you find one more easily.
This first criterion remains the most important because, beyond the anti-oxidant treatment’s ineffectiveness, a choice not adapted to its skin type can cause serious consequences.
The rule is simple, too much vitamin C means too much acidity, so the risk of high irritation. If you have fragile skin, opt for a serum with ph quite similar to that of the skin, in this case, 4.7.
Vitamin C serums are usually formulated with moisturizers. It is the kind of product suitable for dry skin. Also, check to see if it can maintain hydration for a long time.
If you have oily skin, run away from comedogenic products. And try to find a vitamin C serum combined with other substances that can tighten your dilated pores.
Dermatologists do not recommend incorporating anti-ageing care for people who are still very young. Instead, they recommend starting treatment at age 30. There are products designed according to your age.
Given the variety of vitamin C serum formulation, there are enough to meet everyone’s needs.
For example, for mature skin, there are products made up of better anti-wrinkle agents to smooth the skin.
If your goal is to have a uniform complexion, you should choose a serum with compounds that can inhibit melanogenesis.
The recommended vitamin C concentration is around 20%. Of course, you can choose a slightly lower percentage if you have sensitive skin.
In addition to vitamin C, the product may contain other potent antioxidants such as vitamin a. The latter provides extra hydration and fights oxidative stress.
Products containing paraben, silicone or mineral oil should be avoided at all costs. These substances can clog the pores of your skin. In the long run, other care you provide to your body may be ineffective.
10 Best Vitamin C serum In India 2021
First of all, it should be noted that in this type of serum, vitamin C is always formulated with other components for better absorption, but especially for other additional benefits. So it’s important to define your goal before making your choice.
A serum that combines vitamin C and other anti-ageing agents such as hyaluronic acid will do to reduce wrinkled facial features. Their combined action boosts collagen production to improve the elasticity of skin tissues.
A treatment based on vitamin C and moisturizing ingredients (jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, aloe vera…) is the perfect combo for dry skin. Indeed, this combination provides deep hydration.
For sensitive skin, use serums with vitamin C to have a phot close to hydrolipidic film (ph – 4.7), which protects against external aggression.
Below are the best vitamin C serums:
Mamaearth Skin Illuminate Face Serum
The mamaearth brand offers you to incorporate its anti-age serum in your beauty routine with vitamin C and many other ingredients with multiple benefits.
- Thanks to the action of vitamin C, which fights the free radicals that cause oxidative stress, this serum helps you avoid sagging skin.
- Added to this action is an improvement in the skin elasticity, initiated by the collagen embedded in its formulation.
- To alleviate ageing signs, hyaluronic acid is also added to this product to maintain adequate skin hydration.
- This combination of active agents promotes, among other things, a reduction in melanin oxidation for long-term pigment stain and lightening effects.
- Suitable for all skin types because of its low vitamin C concentration (7.5%), mamaearth Badescu recommends a daily application at a dose of 3 to 4 drops for visible results from the first weeks.
irem Vitamin C Serum
Let’s continue this comparison with a cheap product created and validated by experts in the field. irem Vitamin C Serum offers you this high-end vitamin C serum formulated by dermatologists.
- The 20% concentration of stabilized vitamin C in this serum prevents you from skin irritation concerns.
- Vitamin C, being stabilized, keeps all its active ingredients for a long time thanks to its cold handling (1-4oC) and its packaging in a glass bottle designed to withstand the effect of heat.
- Combined with 5% hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, as the treatment progresses, reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
- 5 other antioxidants are incorporated into its formulation: jojoba oil repairs the skin, the vitamin has smooth and radiant skin, MSM (methyl-sulfonyl-methane) eliminates toxins, aloe vera deeply moisturizes, and vitamin e reduces oxidative stress.
- At the rate of 1%, Ferulic acid works in synergy with all these ingredients for better serum efficiency.
- Paraben-free, silicone-free, this vegan serum with optimal ph respects reactive and sensitive skin.
Recast Vitamin C Serum
If you’re looking for an effective solution to end a dull complexion, this Recast vitamin c serum is the solution for you.
- This serum, thanks to its stabilized vitamin C, works immediately to boost dull skin.
- With its formulation of 5% pure vitamins, it is suitable for all skin types, even the most sensitive.
- Lavender and candela Asiatica, essential anti-inflammatory drugs, mitigate the effect of vitamin C acidity.
- Acting in synergy with vitamin C, broccoli added in its formulation reduces pigment spots’ appearance by regulating melanin production.
- In the long term, the combined action of vitamin C and broccoli brightens the skin and unifies the complexion.
WOW Skin Science Vitamin C Face Serum
EDUCARE has formulated this fortified serum based on vitamin C and other good quality natural components. This product’s daily application provides all the essential care to better protect all skin types from environmental damage.
- As our skin is attacked every day, Inducare came up with the idea of formulating this serum with vitamin C to get rid of all toxins preventing cell renewal.
- Added to this are hyaluronic acid and collagen, which act respectively by moisturizing and firming the skin.
- Thanks to the jojoba oil built into its formulation, it also offers protection to dry skin avoiding dehydration.
- The first signs of results are visible quickly, as the skin becomes noticeably softer and silkier from the first application.
Garnier Light Complete White speed Vitamin C Booster Face Serum
This vitamin C serum made in Germany is the product to remember every morning to offer your skin all the protection it deserves.
- With 20% vitamin C and rhubarb extract in its formulation, this serum correctly respects the protective hydrolipidic epidermal layer film.
- This serum’s effectiveness also results in a reduction in signs of old age and pigment spots powered by its multiple antioxidant and moisturizing ingredients.
- It contains hyaluronic acid that acts by deeply moisturizing the skin.
- In addition to its protective role, it brightens the skin thanks to its regulatory ownership of melanin production.
- Its honey fragrance and soft texture make its application pleasant.
Himalayan Organics Vitamin C Serum
If you want to find a natural product that helps you smooth wrinkles quickly, this Himalayan Organics Vitamin C Serum is the one for you.
- This product is fortified with vitamin C and E, a combination that regenerates the skin to prevent it from relaxing early.
- These antioxidants are, among other things, formulated with hyaluronic acid to stimulate the cells to produce more collagen firming the skin.
- Daily use repairs and protects the skin from aggressions such as UV rays from the sun, and thus the skin will appear younger because wrinkles will be less visible.
- The serum prevents you from worrying about irritation and drying out because it contains no paraben, no perfume, no mineral oil, and no alcohol.
St.Botanica Vitamin C Facial Serum
Specially formulated to reduce skin aging signs, this St.Botanica Vitamin C Facial Serum is the one to choose if you want to go natural.
- Because of its natural formulation, the absorption of their active ingredients is more comfortable than chemically formulated products.
- A precursor to collagen-producing cells, hyaluronic acid maintains a stable hydration level, and in synergy with collagen, it firms the skin.
- Jojoba oil and aloe vera add extra hydration.
- Participating in cell regeneration, Gotu Kola provides mitigation for acne scars, wrinkles, fine lines, and dark circles.
- Geranium, on the other hand, tightens pores and reduces impurities in mixed to oily skin.
Luxura Sciences Vitamin C Serum
If you have sun-damaged skin, sensitive, mixed or oily, the Italian brand, offers you a vitamin cure with its anti-ageing serum with ingredients derived from organic farming.
- It consists mainly of vitamin C and vegan hyaluronic acid whose role is to stimulate the natural production of collagen to firm the skin.
- Vitamin E works synergistically with vitamin C to regenerate skin cells and fight wrinkles.
- Applied around the eyes, this serum formulated with jojoba oil and aloe vera reduces dark circles.
- Luxura Sciences Vitamin C Serum has been formulated specifically to act quickly and give a long-lasting effect, thanks to its bioavailability optimisation.
The Body Avenue Vitamin C Facial Serum With Hyaluronic Acid
To have soft, younger-looking skin, whatever its nature, incorporate this Body Avenue Vitamin C Facial Serum With Hyaluronic Acid into your anti-wrinkle routine.
- Its vitamin C, formulated at 20%, acts on your skin by avoiding melanin oxidation to reduce imperfections such as hyperpigmentation caused by UV from the sun.
- This hyaluronic acid-enriched product helps to keep hydration stable and stimulates elastin and collagen production to make the skin firm.
- Aloe vera, rich in vitamin E and water, also helps moisturize the skin’s deep layers.
- Ferrucci acid is used to optimize the penetration of active ingredients and lengthen their effects.
MATRA Vitamin C Serum With Hyaluronic Acid & Vitamin E
Whether it’s to tone the skin or even the complexion or reduce the signs of ageing, everyone seems won over by this professional quality vitamin c serum. You too, can enjoy the many benefits of this product.
- Immediately after it is applied to your face, vitamin C prevents the oxidation of cells from cooling the skin, which seems perfect in case of stress-related fatigue.
- In the long term, this antioxidant plumps the skin and erases fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating collagen synthesis.
- Thanks to a unique formula, the vitamin C in this serum quickly penetrates the skin for rapid effectiveness.
- Formed from natural and organic ingredients, it is suitable for all skin types, as no aggressive agents have been added to its composition.
Which vitamin C serum is right for your skin type?
A vitamin C serum combines multiple benefits that differ depending on their composition. Thus, to benefit from the best treatments adapted to your skin type, you must check its primary ingredient, especially the type of vitamin C.
- Normal to fat skin: Choose a serum containing mainly L-ascorbic acid.
- Dry skin: Opt for a magnesium ascorbyl phosphate product.
- Sensitive skin: Choose a treatment that consists of sodium ascorbyl phosphate.
Vitamin C derivatives and their respective functions
You now know the type of vitamin c serum that suits your skin type. Let’s take a closer look at their characteristics, recommendations and actions on your skin.
- Also called oxo-3-gulofuranolactone acid, it is the number 1 vitamin C derivative in terms of potency.
- It tends to oxidize quickly under the effect of light.
- The recommended concentration by dermatologists of this substance is 15% to 20%. If it is too high in the serum, it can irritate.
- For a pH ranging from 2.5 to 3, it firms the skin by stimulating collagen synthesis.
- Given their water richness, this vitamin C derivative is particularly beneficial for normal to fat skin.
Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate
- It is more stable than the levogyre form of ascorbic acid.
- Compared to the latter, their degradation by light is a little slower.
- As far as the recommended concentration is concerned, it is 3% to 15%.
- If its pH is 7 to 8, in addition to boosting collagen, it also reduces hyperpigmentation.
- Soluble in water, it is tolerated by all skin types.
Sodium ascorbyl Phosphate
- It is the most stable vitamin C derivative.
- It keeps for a long time as long as it is protected from heat, light and sun.
- Its recommended concentration is 3% to 15%.
- A pH of 6.5 promotes better absorption and elimination of bacteria that can cause acne. I
- As it is a water-soluble anti-inflammatory substance, it is the most suitable product for sensitive skin.
Ascorbic acid polypeptide
- Its transformation into vitamin C is quickly done once in contact with the skin. It will not have a hard time absorbing it.
- It is also water-soluble.
- Less effective than other derivatives, it is rarely used in a vitamin C serum.
- It is more stable than L-ascorbic acid.
- The higher its concentration, the better it will be.
- As this compound is fat-soluble, it is suitable for all types of skin.
- It is a water-soluble compound.
- It is the key ingredient in skin whitening products.
- Like hyaluronic acid, it helps maintain skin hydration.
Vitamin C Benefits for the Face
The properties of vitamin C as an antioxidant agent no longer have any secrets for you. However, be aware that the results are even more exceptional when this molecule is combined with other ingredients.
Below is a shortlist of the benefits serums can bring to vitamin C to your skin:
- UvB (pigment-causing) and UVA (sunburn) protection
- Protection from external aggressors
- Skin thinning
- Cooling the skin
- Collagen synthesis
- Uniform tint
- Improved skin radiance
- Tired skin awakening
- Mitigation of fine lines and wrinkles
How do I use a vitamin C serum?
After you’ve made your choice, all you have to do is start applying it. To use it properly, here are the steps to follow:
- Shake the product first before using it
- Wash your face with lukewarm water, then gently wipe it with a clean towel
- Pour a few drops at the recommended dose on the palm of your hands.
- Massage your face, neck, and cleavage with your fingers by moving from the inside out
- Don’t forget to apply your usual sunscreen after the serum.
Regarding the duration of the treatment and the frequency of use, it all depends on the product of your choice.
Why use a vitamin C serum?
This product is used to treat several imperfections such as hyperpigmentation, acne scars, old age spots. It is also used to tone the skin and even the complexion. Other moisturizers associated with vitamin C stabilize the water level in the skin.
Vitamin C serums: for what type of skin?
It all depends on the formulation of the serum, especially the vitamin C derivative used. For normal to fat skin, the appropriate substance is L-ascorbic acid. Sodium ascorbyl phosphate better respects reactive and sensitive skin.
Can a vitamin C serum be used every day?
In general, this product is to be used as a cure, so the recommended frequency is an average of 2 to 3 times a week. On the other hand, some serums are formulated to be used daily. You should, therefore read the product of your choice before starting the treatment.
Does vitamin C brighten the skin?
This molecule works by inhibiting the production of melanin, so it can help lighten the skin.
How long does it take for vitamin C serum to act?
It takes several weeks to see spectacular results such as wrinkle reduction or skin thinning. On the other hand, the refreshing effect can be felt from the first application.