Need to be glamorous for a party this week? Want that extra glow and shimmer on your face? If so, it is high time you add a highlighter to your makeup routine. Its versatile nature has made it possible to use this one product in multiple ways. However, most people find it difficult to buy one that fulfills their needs and does not clog pores or cause skin irritation.
This article lists some of the best liquid highlighters in the Indian market. It also gives you a brief idea about the different types of highlighters and their benefits.
Top 5 Best Liquid Highlighters in India
|Best Liquid Highlighter||Brands||Price|
|L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Liquid Glow Warm Illuminator||L’Oreal Paris||Check Price|
|theBalm Dew Manizer Liquid Highlighter||TheBalm||Check Price|
|NYX Professional Makeup Away We Glow Liquid Highlighter||NYX Professional Makeup||Check Price|
|Benefit Cosmetics Liquid Highlighter||Benefit Cosmetics||Check Price|
|Maybelline Master Strobing Liquid Illuminating Highlighter||Maybelline||Check Price|
Best Liquid Highlighter in India 2023
Let us look at some of the best liquid highlighters in India.
Buy Now on Amazon
Overall Score: 4.5/5
L’Oreal has been one of the most transformative beauty brands since the year 1994 due to their high quality, safe, and efficient products that work wonders. This is their very first liquid highlighter that can be used both as a highlighter (to highlight key features) and along with a foundation (to illuminate all over).
This highlighter comes in three different shades. However, in India, it is available in only two different shades –
- Golden– Comes in a warm, non-yellowy gold shade for warm undertones. It enhances peachy or yellow tones.
- Rose– Comes in a rose-gold hue and enhances peachy, yellow, pink, and blue tones.
- Ice (not available in India)– Comes in a beautiful icy pale pink shade and is suitable for those with pink or blue tones.
Note that this highlighter dries quickly, which means you need to be quick while spreading the liquid, or it will come out as blotches. Also, if you have dry skin, prep your face before applying it.
- Best for combination or acne-prone skin.
- Tinted moisturizer with glycerine and shea butter.
- Creamy highlighter in four shades.Creamy, light texture without shimmers or particles.
- Available in two shades (in India) – Golden for medium skin tone and warm undertones; and Rose for fair to light complexions.
- Specifically designed to enhance key features or illuminate all over.
- It lasts for about 7 to 8 hours.
Buy Now on Amazon
Overall Score: 4.6/5
This beautiful product from theBalm can be used in numerous ways. It works wonders as a highlighter as it has sharp, long-lasting pigmentation. Apply it on top of the lip color to give that extra sheen to your lips. Apart from that, it can also be mixed with your moisturizer, primer, and even your foundation.
The Balm uses some interesting ingredients in their Manizer Liquid Highlighter like mica, silica, Titanium Dioxide. Mica is what gives the highlighter its glow and shine. On the other hand, both silica and titanium dioxide have SPF properties.
The Balm first introduced the highlighter in a pressed version, i.e., in compact powder form. So, if you love the product but find it challenging to use it in liquid form, you can opt for the pressed version to reap the benefits of all the ingredients.
- Talc-free, paraben-free, and cruelty-free.
- Easy application and long-lasting results (last for around 8+ hours).
- It has a warm golden champagne shade.
- Creamy, lightweight, and smooth texture.
- Doe foot applicator for precise application
- There are multiple ways to use – simple highlighter, or mix with primer, foundation, lip color, or moisturizer.
- Available in two shades – May Dew (for lighter, warmer skin tone) and Bonnie Dew (darker skin tone).
Buy Now on Amazon
Overall Score: 4.4/5
With its new light-reflecting highlighter formula, NYX provides irresistible illumination with a shimmery finish. The highlighter comes in nine different shades, thus making it extremely easy to find the correct shade for your skin. The highlighter is designed for both subtle shades and an intense metallic finish.
The different shade includes –
- Liquid Prism – a pale, whitish shade for cool undertones.
- State of Flux – pinkish hue for cool undertones.
- Golden Hour – a pure gold sheen for warm undertones.
- Crystal Glare – light, golden beige hue for warm undertones.
- Rose Quartz – a deep rose gold hue for warm undertones.
- Daytime Halo – light gold with a pearl finish for warm undertones.
- Gold Rush – copper shade for warm undertones
- Moon Glow – pearl shade for cool undertones.
- Moonbeam – peachy shade for warm undertones.
The NYX highlighter also contains mica and titanium dioxide like the previous highlighter. Rest be assured, we will have a beautiful sheen and excellent protection from harsh sunburns.
- Vegan product.
- Cream, lightweight formula.
- Does look milky or chalky. Neither feels heavy on the skin.
- Provides a subtle glow.
- Available in nine shades – easy to find one to suit your skin color.
- Easy to blend, quick to absorb, and long-lasting.
Buy Now on Amazon
Overall Score: 4.4/5
Benefit Cosmetics Liquid highlighter comes in two beautiful shades – a satiny pink liquid (High Beam) and an elegant sun-kissed shade (Sun Beam). The radiant, shiny glow lasts for a long time, whether it is day or night. This is possible due to the mica content in the highlighter.
What makes this highlighter unique and different from the others in this list is that it contains Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) seed oil as one of its ingredients. So apart from providing sheen to your skin, it also provides added benefits.
Even though it does not have the same structure as sebum, just like the natural oil in our body, meadowfoam seed oil locks the moisture in our skin. It also controls the sebum production for both dry and oily-skinned people.
As a result, our skin is soft, supple, and hydrated, and there is a reduction in the appearance of wrinkles. Its high level of antioxidants content also fights free radicals and protects our skin from sun damage and oxidative stress.
Are you ready to buy a highlighter with amazing skin benefits?
- Two variants – high beam (cold undertones) and sunbeam (warm undertones).
- Effective whether it is day or night.
- Pre and post makeup applications are possible.
- Both highlighter (over makeup) and luminizer (mixed with base makeup).
- Easy to use and lasts for a long time.
- Benefits of mica and Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) seed oil.
Buy Now on Amazon
Overall Score: 4.3/5
With its micro-pearl formula, Maybelline gives us an amazing highlighter with an illuminating strobe effect. It comes in three beautiful shades – Light Iridescent (cooled toned pink hue), Nude Glow – (warm tones pink shade), and Gold (intense metallic gold).
Maybelline uses citric acid in its formula, and it has the same benefits as lemons. Let me enumerate…citric acid has exfoliating properties whereby dead cells, dirt, and other pollutants are unclogged from the pores. It also balances the pH level and controls the excess oil secretion on the face.
It also has anti-aging properties that slow down the aging process by reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin. Citric acid also has the ability to even out skin tone and help with hyperpigmentation.
So not only does it function as a highlighter, but you also get the benefits of citric acid! If you are searching for a highlighter with cosmetic and skin beneficial agents, choose Maybelline highlighter!
- Micro-pearl liquid formula for overall highlighting with a long-lasting result.
- Available in three different shades – Light Iridescent, Medium/ Nude Glow, and Deep/Gold.
- Extremely fine shimmer pigments.
- No cakey, oily feel after application.
- It can be worn alone, spot highlighting, or along with primer or foundation.
Different Types of Highlighters
The most common type of highlighter is in pressed form, i.e., powder highlighter, since it comes in various shades. However, highlighters come in two other forms. Let us look at the three forms of highlighters.
1. Powder Highlighter
Powder highlighter is suitable for all skin types but the best for oily skin. Powder highlighters have the highest concentration of shimmer, so there is more chance to overdo it. However, because of its form, it is easy to apply and also tone down (in case of mistakes). Another advantage over liquid highlighters is powder is less messy since it has a chance to drip.
Steps to Use a Powder Highlighter:
- Apply the base primer.
- Coat it with a matching foundation.
- Set the foundation with face powder.
- Apply bronzer on your temples, jawline, and the hollow of your cheek (draw a 3 shape).
- Coat your cheeks with blush.
- Last but not least – highlight areas like cheekbone, brow bone, cupid’s bow, and the bridge of your nose.
2. Liquid Highlighter
The best part about liquid highlighter is that it is versatile due to its less concentrated form. It can be worn alone, used for spot highlighting, and mixed with moisturizer, primer, and foundation.
It easily dissolves into your skin and naturally blends without having an uneven, blotchy look to it. Unlike powder highlighters, it does not leave your skin with random strips of shimmer.
Try avoiding liquid highlighters if you have oily skin.
Steps to Use a Liquid Highlighter
- Start with a foundation that matches your skin tone.
- Apply contour onto your temples, cheekbones, and side of your nose.
- Blush on your cheeks.
- Apply a few drops of the highlighter on your cheekbones, inner corner of your eyes, cupid’s bow, and the bridge of the nose. Blend using your fingertips.
- Set the whole thing with a spray.
3. Cream Highlighter
Want that subtle highlight? Opt for cream highlighters as it has a more matte finish to them. The cream blends effortlessly into your skin, but its aim is not to provide an intense glow but to complement the contour you have applied.
Steps to Apply Cream Highlighter
- Start with the contour – you can blend two shades darker with two shades lighter for the perfect contour.
- Blush your cheeks.
- Highlighter your cheekbones, brow bones, cupid’s bow, and the bridge of your nose.
- Set your entire look with a spray.
Benefits of Liquid Highlighter
Are you wondering what makes liquid highlighters better than powder and cream highlighters? I have listed down a few reasons to highlight its benefits.
1. Better Control
We get a better control mainly due to two reasons – the first is that liquid highlighters have less concentration level, and the second is that application is done using a doe foot applicator or a dropper. We can blend in with each drop to not overdo it.
Did you think you could only highlight your cheekbones?? Well, it is a multipurpose cosmetic product. Let us look at a few ways we can use a liquid highlighter.
- Highlight key spots like cheekbones, cupid’s bow, and the bridge of your nose.
- Mix with foundation for an overall glow.
- The base for eyeshadow.
- Replace your primer. Avoid if you have oily skin.
- Mix with cream/liquid blush for shimmering cheeks.
3. Works on Most Skin Types
Most liquid highlighters can be effortlessly blended on normal skin and dry skin. Some of them won’t be the best option for oily skin as they can clog pores. So, if you have oily skin, check the ingredients of the highlighter when you buy. For example – in this list, Maybelline liquid highlighter, has citric acid, which has unclogging properties.
You May Also Like To Read:
Liquid highlighters are multipurpose cosmetic products and can provide both subtle glow and intense metallic looks. However, one should be cautious while buying a highlighter – choose a shade that matches your skin tone and opt for ones with ingredients that unclogs pores.
If you are focused on getting the right shade, opt for NYX Professional Makeup Away We Glow Liquid Highlighter. If you are looking for unclogging properties, choose the highlighter from Maybelline or Benefit Cosmetics.
I hope you found this article helpful. Please let us know if you have tried one of these products and your experience with it.