We all desire strong and lustrous hair, isn’t it? However, it becomes difficult to fulfill this desire due to various factors, including pollution, using chemical products on hair, and so on. But, what if I say that you have a magic ingredient in your kitchen that can give you strong and lustrous hair?
Fenugreek it is! It is a handy herb that prevents hair fall and avoids premature greying of hair.
So, without any further ado, let’s jump into the article where you will learn the benefits of fenugreek for your hair and how to use it.
FENUGREEK BENEFITS FOR HAIR
There are a lot of benefits of using fenugreek for your hair health. Some of them are listed below. Do check them!
1. PREVENTS HAIR FALL
Fenugreek or methi contains a natural emollient known as lecithin, which deeply moisturizes the scalp and hair. It is a great ingredient to improve your hair health and prevent hair fall.
It also makes the hair stronger from the roots by providing rich nourishment. It controls hair shedding as well.
2. CONTROLS DANDRUFF
Fenugreek contains antibacterial and antifungal properties that prevent microbial infection, which leads to dandruff. Thus, it is a fantastic ingredient to control the problem of dandruff.
It also helps to improve the problem of itching by controlling the infection-causing bacteria.
3. PREVENTS PREMATURE GRAYING OF HAIR
Fenugreek contains potassium and iron, which balances the mineral deficiency of hair.
These minerals are essential to maintain the natural black colour of the hair. Thus, if you’ll take fenugreek in the right amounts, you’ll surely be able to maintain the natural black colour of your hair.
4. ADDS SHINE TO THE HAIR
The fibres present in fenugreek maintain the moisture balance of the hair and thus, provide shine to your long hair.
When you take fenugreek in your morning drink, it not only improves your metabolism but also helps you to get the long and lustrous hair that you always wanted.
Fenugreek also helps to improve hair growth and make them strong.
HOW TO USE FENUGREEK FOR HAIR –
There are a variety of ways one can use fenugreek for hair. Some of them are listed below. Do try these ways and see excellent results.
1. FENUGREEK HAIR MASK
Hair masks are a great way to protect your hair from external factors like chemical products, pollution, etc. They help maintain the pH levels and provide the required amount of moisture to your hair.
Below are two of the best hair masks you can make using fenugreek seeds.
- One tablespoon fenugreek seeds (soaked overnight)
- One tablespoon lemon juice
- Soak fenugreek seeds overnight and blend them in a fine paste
- Add lemon juice to this paste and mix it well
- Apply this mixture to your hair and keep it for half an hour
- Rinse it off with warm water
- One tablespoon fenugreek seeds (soaked overnight)
- One tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Mix soaked fenugreek seeds and apple cider vinegar in a bowl
- Now apply this to your hair and massage it well
- Keep it for half an hour and rinse it off with warm water
You can also make a shampoo using fenugreek seeds to provide the proper nutrients to your hair. You can use this shampoo twice a week to see better results. Its recipe is given below.
- A handful of soaked soap nuts and dried amla
- Soaked Fenugreek seeds
- Soak all the ingredients overnight in 1 litre of water
- Boil this water the next day till it comes to half of the original quantity
- Let it cool and take out the blend of the ingredients
- Now, blend these ingredients and use this mixture as you shampoo
FENUGREEK HAIR OIL
Oiling is essential for preventing hair damage and encouraging hair growth. You can use fenugreek seeds to make hair oil efficiently at home.
- One tablespoon Fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup coconut/sesame oil
- Put fenugreek seeds in coconut/sesame oil and heat it well
- Heat it until the seeds turn light brown
- Now, use this oil to massage your hair and scalp
- Repeat it twice a week for best results
DRINKING FENUGREEK WATER
Morning drink is essential! It is not only suitable for your diet but also for your hair health. You can use fenugreek seeds to accomplish the requirement of your morning drink.
Try to take this drink at least 3-4 times a week.
- 5 grams Fenugreek seeds
- Hot water
- Soak fenugreek seeds in hot water for 10 minutes
- Now take out the seeds and drink this empty water stomach as a morning drink
You can also use roasted fenugreek powder as an ingredient in your vegetables and other food items to get its benefits.
- Roasted Fenugreek seeds
- Roast fenugreek seeds and grind them into a fine powder
- Use this powder by putting it on your curries to get the flavour
RAW FENUGREEK SEEDS
Raw fenugreek seeds are really effective to improve your hair health.
- A handful of Fenugreek seeds
- Use fenugreek seeds as an ingredient in your daily vegetables, dal, etc.
FENUGREEK SEEDS FOR DAMAGED HAIR
This powerful ingredient also helps reverse damage caused to the hair in split ends and smelly scalp. You can use the method given below.
- Fenugreek seeds paste
- Coconut milk
- Mix fenugreek seeds paste with coconut milk to make a paste
- Apply this paste to your hair and scalp and massage it well
- Keep it for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off using water
- Repeat this method twice a week for best results
FENUGREEK SEEDS FOR DRY HAIR
Hair dryness is a common problem but needs to be addressed. Fenugreek holds a great advantage when it comes to dry hair. You can use the method given below for hair dryness.
- 2 tablespoons of Fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Soak fenugreek seeds overnight and grind them into powdered form
- Now, add yogurt, olive oil, and honey to this powder and mix the ingredients into a paste
- Apply this mixture into the roots of your hair and keep it for a few minutes
- Rinse it off with water and repeat this method twice or thrice a week for best results
SIDE EFFECTS OF FENUGREEK SEEDS
You can face different side effects if you use fenugreek seeds in excess amounts. Some of these side effects can be headaches, dizziness, coughing, allergies, etc. Do consult a nutritionist if you face any allergies while using fenugreek seeds in your daily diet.
Also, fenugreek seeds should be taken in limited quantities, especially for pregnant women.
1. What is the best way to use fenugreek seeds for hair?
Soak a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Grind the seeds into a fine paste and apply it to the roots of your hair. Massage it well and keep it for a few minutes. Wash it well using normal water.
2. Can we apply fenugreek seeds on hair daily?
Using fenugreek seeds twice or thrice a week on your hair is more than enough. You don’t really have to apply it daily. You can choose any of the above methods twice or thrice a week and you will surely see fantastic results.
You May Also Like To Read:
Haircare is essential and should not be ignored! Why use chemical products on your hair when you can get beautiful hair using natural ingredients?
Fenugreek is a really effective ingredient to heal hair problems, be it hair loss, premature graying, dandruff or smelly scalp. You can try the ways mentioned in the article above to improve your hair health. Do try them and share your experience with us in the comment section below.